Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Body Mount Chop

Go down 
+3
BlackIceBob
cnckart
SKIBUMM
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:26 pm

Has anyone here the body mount chop? Did you do it yourself? If you did it your self would you be willing to help me do mine? If not would anyone like to get together and try this task on our rigs? We coul d do a wrench day in Utah and help each other out.
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:33 pm

I haven't done it yet, but I know it is in my future. I have all of the tools. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahsportcycle.com
BlackIceBob
BlackIceBob

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:16 pm

Brad,
Do you think we could use the Ricochet shop for this? It wouldn't take long to cut and weld a patch on both sides. We could probably even have the patches done prior to "Wrench Night"!!!

I'll buy the pizza................let's do it!
Bob
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:20 pm

Well I don't even have a garage I can use, so I do everything down here. I'm sure we could put something together in the future.
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:25 pm

That video that was recently posted on the blue room has me ready to make this happen.

I'm thinking I might hack it and paint it and weld on the patch piece later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
BlackIceBob
BlackIceBob

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:39 pm

gericurl76 wrote:
That video that was recently posted on the blue room has me ready to make this happen.

I'm thinking I might hack it and paint it and weld on the patch piece later.

Says it all............ king
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:15 pm

I have all the tools except a welder. I also have a large garage that we could fit three to five of our rigs in there and work on.
Maybe we should put something together.
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:20 pm

We can do it down at the shop, have all of the tools we'll need. I don't have much floor space but it shouldn't take too long, we can do one at a time. We could even be chopping outside, while we are welding inside. I'm down if you guys are. This weekend is good for me unless I'm installing suspension goodies Smile
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:24 pm

I am not available on the weekend until after Easter as I am up skiing every weekend.
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:03 am

I'm good almost any time with like a weeks notice. If we plan it when Greg can attend he can help us with the scuba driver mod, since he did such an excellent job.

We should get together any parts we will need for the wrench-a-thon, and any last minute splurge items.
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:32 pm

My schedule is pretty open as well. I'm down with going to Greg's place doing the chop and scuba mod. We can always weld up the chop at a later date as well.
Back to top Go down
BlackIceBob
BlackIceBob

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:47 pm

I have a good buddy who lives in Bluffdale with a wirefeed.... if there is barley pop, he could be convinced to do some welding! Smile
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:16 pm

BlackIceBob wrote:
I have a good buddy who lives in Bluffdale with a wirefeed.... if there is barley pop, he could be convinced to do some welding! Smile

See how good we work together.
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Greg, could you put together a list of needed parts for the way you did your scuba mod? I like your set up the best, and want to make sure I have all of the goods. Smile
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:41 pm

cnckart wrote:
Greg, could you put together a list of needed parts for the way you did your scuba mod? I like your set up the best, and want to make sure I have all of the goods. Smile

I will get that together. People may want you to make brackets I made mine and have some steel left but mine was rednecked together. What we should do is find out how many want to do this because one of the parts is a toyota order and the filters can betough to find enough. I put on three filters but I would only do two next time and join some of them together.
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:47 pm

SKIBUMM wrote:
cnckart wrote:

I will get that together. People may want you to make brackets I made mine and have some steel left but mine was rednecked together. What we should do is find out how many want to do this because one of the parts is a toyota order and the filters can betough to find enough. I put on three filters but I would only do two next time and join some of them together.

Thanks Greg! I can do brackets for everyone, not a problem.
Back to top Go down
Moose-mann

Moose-mann

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:12 pm

Are you talking about the rear, front or both scuba mod? I did the rear scuba mod awhile back but could never figure out how to do the front. I tried and tried and I still have no idea how anyone could possibly get their arm in the right position to do that. But perhaps I just need to lay off the pizza and let my fat arms shrink a little!
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:19 pm

cnckart wrote:
SKIBUMM wrote:
cnckart wrote:

Must be nice having all those goodies at your disposal. I'm jealous. this smilie kinda looks like I'm mooning you -> Exclamation
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:40 pm

gericurl76 wrote:
cnckart wrote:
SKIBUMM wrote:
cnckart wrote:

Must be nice having all those goodies at your disposal. I'm jealous. this smilie kinda looks like I'm mooning you -> Exclamation

lol I would be lost without a machine shop at my disposal. That smilie does look like it's mooning me! Exclamation
Back to top Go down
BlackIceBob
BlackIceBob

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 8:08 pm

SKIBUMM wrote:
cnckart wrote:

I happen to have TWO of the Camry joints..... Greg, don't I just need one?
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:51 am

Yup you only need one of the Camry threaded inserts, various hose and clamps, unions and filters. The hose length is a bit longer becasue I ran all of mine up to the engine bay and I used free flow filters.
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:55 am

Moose-mann wrote:
Are you talking about the rear, front or both scuba mod? I did the rear scuba mod awhile back but could never figure out how to do the front. I tried and tried and I still have no idea how anyone could possibly get their arm in the right position to do that. But perhaps I just need to lay off the pizza and let my fat arms shrink a little!

I did all of them and once you do it and see what it is it is pretty easy. Did you run the rear one into the engin bay or the gas filler? I hope you used a free flow filter or you still could pull in water to your diff due to vacuum created by the one way valve that came with it stock.
Back to top Go down
tallywacker7

tallywacker7

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:18 am

SKIBUMM wrote:
Has anyone here the body mount chop? Did you do it yourself? If you did it your self would you be willing to help me do mine? If not would anyone like to get together and try this task on our rigs? We coul d do a wrench day in Utah and help each other out.

Had mine done by a local shop about 3 yrs ago- they didn't do a very clean job. I would like to weld a new piece of steel to make it more clean looking.....

As for the scuba mod, I am still debating on whether i should do it or not....
Back to top Go down
BlackIceBob
BlackIceBob

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:38 am

tallywacker7 wrote:
SKIBUMM wrote:

Had mine done by a local shop about 3 yrs ago- they didn't do a very clean job. I would like to weld a new piece of steel to make it more clean looking.....

As for the scuba mod, I am still debating on whether i should do it or not....

Tally, your comment on the scuba mod is hilarious...............considering your avatar shows a water crossing! Better safe than sorry, I always say!
Back to top Go down
Moose-mann

Moose-mann

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:24 am

I would be very interested in trying to do the front scuba mod.

I did the rear one following the instructions on the FJ Forum. Wouldn't mind someone looking at that as well to make sure I did it right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Body Mount Chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Mount Chop   Body Mount Chop Empty

Back to top Go down

Body Mount Chop
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next