Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GambleCambell's green machine

Go down 
+5
BlackIceBob
Moose-mann
Big-Ern
gericurl
GambleCamble
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

GambleCambell's green machine Empty
PostSubject: GambleCambell's green machine   GambleCambell's green machine EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 3:59 pm

I hate to be the first to post here because I'm sure that other FJ's are way sweeter than mine. But I cant resist the opportunity to post the before and after pics. Day after I bought my new Army Green FJ.

[img]GambleCambell's green machine Photojh[/img]
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: GambleCambell's green machine   GambleCambell's green machine EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 5:30 pm

I wouldn't feel intimidated by any other FJ out there. There are more than a few that would love to be rollin' a green FJ. Plus pretty much any FJ there is is just plain cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

PostSubject: 1st step Blackout everything   GambleCambell's green machine EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 5:32 pm

It took me about 24 hours with dry time to get everything looking perfect. I used OEM flat black paint (rattle can) for the door handles and side mirrors to match the factory black that came on the front of the side mirrors. Then I used Flat Black Rustoleum Universal (rattle can) to paint the Grill, bumper wings front and back and center pieces. And of course I use a OEM primer and 400 grit sandpaper and lots of elbow grease to get everything just right. I took everything apart I did not tape anything. If I have to do it again I will just tape off because I have a great base coat down now.

[img]GambleCambell's green machine Fullblko[/img]
[img]GambleCambell's green machine Frontblko[/img]
[img]GambleCambell's green machine Backblko[/img]
[img]GambleCambell's green machine Sideblko[/img]

Also check out these great seat covers from Smittybuilt, they hold all the gear I need for shooting and then some.
[img]GambleCambell's green machine Photo1nd[/img]
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: GambleCambell's green machine   GambleCambell's green machine EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:49 am

The accents look alot better black than silver. I just read the "Graphite out" thread and that looked cool too, but I think the black looks better on the army green. Good job!
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

PostSubject: Hot off the press   GambleCambell's green machine EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 12:59 am

Here is the first pic of the FJ after the OME lift, rims and tires. More to come!

[img]GambleCambell's green machine Newfj1[/img]
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

PostSubject: Treads in the snow.   GambleCambell's green machine EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 4:20 pm

The new tires did amazing in the snow. here is a picture of the treads, it kinda looks like the backdrop to Utah Cruisers web page.

GambleCambell's green machine Treads1

But then I pulled a comlete rokie move and got myself stuck in the middle of nowwhere during my lunch break. If you take Jeremy Ranch Road you can get to I60 after about 5 miles of dirt road. I decided to take a joy ride in the snow and it ended up costing me 100 bucks to get myself towed out of a sticky spot. The new tires perfomered amazingly but the driver was crap Very Happy .

Of course I was stupid and I had no recovery tools, no winch and no cell service. I took a mile walk to get cell service and then waited an hour. Good thing my job is flexable.

GambleCambell's green machine Stucks
Back to top Go down
Moose-mann

Moose-mann

PostSubject: Re: GambleCambell's green machine   GambleCambell's green machine EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:13 pm

The rig is looking pretty sweet! You realize that now you have started with the Mods there is no turning back right?

Nice job getting stuck as well! Wink
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

PostSubject: No return   GambleCambell's green machine EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:39 pm

Ya I know that the hard part I have so many things I want but only so much money to spend. I think one of my next mods will be a snorkel, or if anyone has suggestions on what I should do next let me know. I definitely need some more offroad lights, I cant do a light bar because then I won't fit in my garage. I will have to do a light bar or the front grill.
Back to top Go down
Moose-mann

Moose-mann

PostSubject: Re: GambleCambell's green machine   GambleCambell's green machine EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:45 pm

I know exactly what you mean!

I am so anal I actually made me a spread sheet of all the mods I wanted (it is still growing), put the amount on it, where to buy and then I prioritized them between 1 and 4. I really need to get a life! Crying or Very sad

Good luck as you move along. I am sure there will be many people here on the forum that can give you suggestions as to the next mod!
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

PostSubject: First day mudding   GambleCambell's green machine EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 8:16 pm

I could not help myself this weekend, I passed a field with a bunch of mud and it called my name.

GambleCambell's green machine Muddy
Back to top Go down
BlackIceBob
BlackIceBob

PostSubject: Re: GambleCambell's green machine   GambleCambell's green machine EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 9:19 am

Nice...... My wife hates it when I listen to THAT small still voice in my head!
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

PostSubject: Black out   GambleCambell's green machine EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 2:34 pm

So I woke up today with an itch! I wanted to finish my black out and paint my chrome logos on my FJ black. So here is the finished product. I do have some clue to clean up around to logos but its allot easier to do that when its dry.

GambleCambell's green machine Lerk
GambleCambell's green machine Rerl
GambleCambell's green machine Rrer
Back to top Go down
BlackIceBob
BlackIceBob

PostSubject: Re: GambleCambell's green machine   GambleCambell's green machine EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:47 pm

Nate! ME LIKEY!

Now all you have to do is pull the pizza platter off the spare.......... Laughing
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

PostSubject: Re: GambleCambell's green machine   GambleCambell's green machine EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 2:38 pm

Wow the blacked out emblems look pretty sweet. Wasn't sure if I would like them or not. Good job! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahsportcycle.com
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

PostSubject: Pizza pan   GambleCambell's green machine EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:56 pm

I know I didn't know if I was doing something completely crazy when I pulled off the emblems and painted them black. It turned out even better then I had hoped.

I need to get a full size spare to match my new rims and tires so I can pull of the pizza pan cover off my spare. The other thing is I need to figure out how to mount the backup camera on the new rim and tire, its mounted in a plastic case that fits into the stock rim. When I get it figured out I will post some pics.
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: GambleCambell's green machine   GambleCambell's green machine EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:41 am

The blacked-out emblems look really nice with the green paint. I've thought of taking mine off the back all together, but I'm not sure how it would look.
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

PostSubject: Dang   GambleCambell's green machine EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:07 pm

Dang I should have taken a picture of mine without the emblems! My bad.
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: GambleCambell's green machine   GambleCambell's green machine EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:53 am

My truck is silver. Not sure the visual reference would have been the same.
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: GambleCambell's green machine   GambleCambell's green machine EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:26 pm

I've been planning to take off the cowboy hat toyota symbol and toyota under it for years. I think the black FJ emblem is nice did you heat it up and cut it off with dental floss?
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

PostSubject: LOL   GambleCambell's green machine EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:57 pm

Wow heating it up or using dental floss would have been a great idea!!!!

No I'm a cave man so I used lots of toothpicks, they dont scratch your paint. I placed about 5 toothpick around the emblem then slowly applied pressure from all 5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GambleCambell's green machine   GambleCambell's green machine EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:47 am

It looks like you took photos of mine! Seriously, I even have the Smittybuilt cover for gear. Well, I didn't paint my bumper, I'm just going to ditch them for something else eventually. Congrats on a nice looking FJ.
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: GambleCambell's green machine   GambleCambell's green machine EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 10:26 am

Gun Slut welcome to the forum. You should post an intro thread so people can get to know you better.
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

PostSubject: Same.   GambleCambell's green machine EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:17 am

Hey Gun Slut,

Its funny that you have a green FJ and your name is gun slut because I got my green FJ so that I can carry all my guns. Here is some pics of this last weekend shooting.

GambleCambell's green machine Jordanfj

GambleCambell's green machine Sunfj

GambleCambell's green machine Gunsfj
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GambleCambell's green machine   GambleCambell's green machine EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Good kit; I actually work at one of the local gun shops. I'm personally mostly into military rifles. I'd suggest going out to drive and shoot but I work seven days a week. I'd have to plan it well in advance.
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

PostSubject: Nice!   GambleCambell's green machine EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:49 pm

My best friend works at a local gun shop as well! He works at Doug Shoot\'n Sports, He is the son of Doug. (Sorry if you don\'t like them just a friend). My buddy is always working too! He has to manage the store with his brother and they never get time off. But when they do we are always out testing out new gear. I as well am only into military rifles. my latest purchases include

DSA OSW .308 with tac rail (thinking about a dura coat but not sure yet).
Springfield operator 1911 OD green.
PS90 OD Green with a florescent green T3 optic upgrande.
10.5\" M6A2 6.8 SPC LWRC with an AIMpoint, M3 Surfire and all the fixens.
Century FN FAL not the coolest gun but got a great deal.

That was the last 6 months of guns to add to my collection. Next I am waiting for the ACR. But bushmaster and magpul can choke on a burrito because of all the crap they are putting everyone thru. I want an ACR but the only ones out right now are the crappy no fun standard ones. I was at the Shot Show in Vegas and I was able to see the sweet ACR from REM.

Last edited by GambleCamble on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GambleCambell's green machine   GambleCambell's green machine Empty

Back to top Go down

GambleCambell's green machine
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next