Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Columbus Day Weekend Plans???

Go down 
+3
Big-Ern
Mr Tibbs
Fly Jester
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fly Jester

Fly Jester

Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  Empty
PostSubject: Columbus Day Weekend Plans???    Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:09 pm

Who wants to join in for the annual Columbus Day Weekend trail run in Moab(and other areas to be mentioned)?? I've been going since 2007 and I want to keep my streak going. I know there are several of you that want to go that I have spoken with.

For a small change-up I am proposing a night or two camping in the San Rafael Swell, then going down to Moab for a couple more days or more.

Who is up for some good old fashion camping under the stars, hanging out around the campfire, exploring the SRS??

This is just a sample of what you will see...

Sunset at the Wedge...

Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  DSC02909

Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  DSC02916

Did I mention a campfire that can be seen from the Space Station...

Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  DSC03004

Sunset out by Temple Mtn.

Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  DSC02997

Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  DSC03001-1

...and explore some history...

Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  DSC02924

Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  DSC02943

I'd post up pics of Moab from last years Columbus Day weekend but I don't want anyone to hate me for what I saw. Wink

So who wants to/can go? It is two months out from now so this should provide ample time to make plans if you want to go. I am taking October 8-12 off to get away. Like I said this has turned into an annual thing for me and a few others and would like to keep the tradition going. This is not some huge, planned event, just a relaxing weekend of like minded people enjoying what Utah has to offer. Nothing is set in stone(except for the dates) so feel free to chime in with ideas.

-Devin

Back to top Go down
Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs

PostSubject: Re: Columbus Day Weekend Plans???    Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Devin,

Me and the wifey would be down for a trip to the swell!!! I have been trying to get her down there for years. I'm glad you brought this up months in advance, it will take that long for me to get a day off of work! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: Columbus Day Weekend Plans???    Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:01 am

I'd definitely be interested, but the better half may have plans. Put me down as a maybe.
Back to top Go down
tain

tain

PostSubject: Re: Columbus Day Weekend Plans???    Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:36 pm

Put me down for a good Maybe, I live near Price and know the swell Pretty good. Could do copper Globe but that is the other way Hidden splender and Hondo Arch are on the temple mountain end. Also the old Military caves, but they have enclosed most of them. You say where and I am in. I may not make Moab but will try for the days off in the swell. Thanks Tain cheers
Back to top Go down
Fly Jester

Fly Jester

PostSubject: Re: Columbus Day Weekend Plans???    Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 4:32 pm

Quote :
Me and the wifey would be down for a trip to the swell!!! I have been trying to get her down there for years. I'm glad you brought this up months in advance, it will take that long for me to get a day off of work!

That would be great to see you guys again! See what you can do.

Quote :
I'd definitely be interested, but the better half may have plans. Put me down as a maybe.

What else would the better half want to do for a few days besides enjoying the outdoors of Utah.

Quote :
Put me down for a good Maybe, I live near Price and know the swell Pretty good. Could do copper Globe but that is the other way Hidden splender and Hondo Arch are on the temple mountain end. Also the old Military caves, but they have enclosed most of them. You say where and I am in. I may not make Moab but will try for the days off in the swell. Thanks Tain

Sounds good, I was roughly thinking about camping on the Wedge and then working down to Lone Warrior and camping there. While checking out everything from the Mk Tunnels and Black Dragon, to Swaseys Cabin/Cooler and everything in between.
Back to top Go down
tain

tain

PostSubject: Re: Columbus Day Weekend Plans???    Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:15 pm

Well this is getting closer so how about a role call and some plans. I'm still planing on going and possibly my wife and maybe my 18 year old son , still maybe from both of them. Sooooo Whats the plan. lol!
Back to top Go down
Fly Jester

Fly Jester

PostSubject: Re: Columbus Day Weekend Plans???    Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 8:24 pm

tain wrote:
Well this is getting closer so how about a role call and some plans. I'm still planing on going and possibly my wife and maybe my 18 year old son , still maybe from both of them. Sooooo Whats the plan. lol!

Hey Tain...sorry I haven't replied back to you sooner....with me there has been a change in plans....it looks like I will be skipping the SRS portion this time Sad and spending most of the weekend in Moab. I have to work Thurs. and will be getting into Moab late that evening, and spending the weekend there in Moab. Sorry if this ruins any of your plans....plus the weather is suppose to turn towards the crappy side(rain) so camping in that and driving on those clay roads would kinda suck.

Eventually we will have a trip to the Swell....hopefully sooner than later.

Post up if you(or anyone else) can join up in Moab.

-Devin

Back to top Go down
MoabRat

MoabRat

PostSubject: Re: Columbus Day Weekend Plans???    Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:35 pm

Howdy, we are leaving Thursday (tomorrow morning) for Moab. It looks like we have half a dozen of us so far, but anyone is very welcome to join us. We love meeting new folks. We will meet at the City Market parking lot each morning at around 8:00 or 8:30am to plan the day. It looks like a preliminary plan might be SteelBender on Friday, and a hybrid set of trails East of town Saturday. That might include Rose Garden hill or Onion Creek, Polar Ridge Thompson canyon, Castle Valley and LaSal pass. Or, if the whim strikes just about anything else. This is a very tight and experienced group. I can't wait to see everyone.

Scott
MoabRat
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: Columbus Day Weekend Plans???    Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Scott, I would love to go with you guys. I've been jealous every time I read about this trip. It's too late notice for me this year but if you'll have me next year just give me a heads up. The one trip we took together was amazing. Be safe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
MoabRat

MoabRat

PostSubject: Re: Columbus Day Weekend Plans???    Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:02 am

gericurl wrote:
Scott, I would love to go with you guys. I've been jealous every time I read about this trip. It's too late notice for me this year but if you'll have me next year just give me a heads up. The one trip we took together was amazing. Be safe.

I've been a real slacker lol. We've moved and had a new baby in the last few months so I've not been very active. We'll do a lot more from now on. We'd love to see you again.
Back to top Go down
BigBadFJ

BigBadFJ

PostSubject: Re: Columbus Day Weekend Plans???    Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:59 pm

Finally In Town! Crashing at the motel, see you guys in the morning at City Market! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Columbus Day Weekend Plans???    Columbus Day Weekend Plans???  Empty

Back to top Go down

Columbus Day Weekend Plans???
Page 1 of 1