Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fj cruiser mishap

Go down 
+8
AirborneFJ
cnckart
gericurl
Big-Ern
Fly Jester
Mr Tibbs
ttora4runner
GambleCamble
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:40 pm

Hey guys, Long time no talk. I've been working out in SE Colorado for a while and yesterday my FJ decided to take on a semi truck. I'm ok despite a concussion, fractured leg and a pulled groin. Needles to say i was pretty impressed how it strong the FJ was when taking on a semi. This happened yesterday.

Fj cruiser mishap  Photo1bww

Fj cruiser mishap  Photo2bfn

Fj cruiser mishap  Photo4qa

Fj cruiser mishap  Photo21ma

Fj cruiser mishap  Photo22g

Back to top Go down
ttora4runner

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 5:31 pm

Ouch!. What happened.

At least your okay.
Back to top Go down
Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 9:01 pm

Glad to see that you are OK. Details?
Back to top Go down
Fly Jester

Fly Jester

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:00 pm

You made your FJ bleed. Shocked

Good to hear you are doing ok. It looks like a front passenger collision...spun you around and hit the spare tire/right rear corner...am I right??...It looks they dragged it off the road and into the grass from the drag marks into the grass....it also looks like you might need to, among other things, re-position your battery. Wink

Dig the last pic though. It looks like the pain meds might be kicking in, and nothing says the meds are working better than giving the "thumbs up" saying you are okay.

Get Well.

Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:52 pm

Oh man! Sorry to hear this! Glad you are gonna be ok though.

Get well soon!
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Nate that sucks man. I hope everything heals up. We're all dying for the juicy details. What's the insurances saying etc...
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
cnckart

cnckart

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:53 pm

That sucks Nate! Glad your ok.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahsportcycle.com
AirborneFJ

AirborneFJ

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 12:18 am

thats why we drive fj's...
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 9:59 pm

Hey all,

I'm ok but licking my wounds, and YES it was my fault. I don't know how I did it but I pulled in front of a semi. I was at a stop sign in Eads, Colorado, I stopped looked left than right and never saw a huge semi. I was going across HWY 287 to get lunch and somehow my brain did not see a semi. After hitting him he pulled me 270 degrees. I was ripped from my seat belt and hit my head on the passenger side door T-post for the window. I was knocked out for a bit and woke up on top of my still plugged-in seat belt dazed. No airbags deployed so Im kinda shocked that I came out as well as I did. The semi was going 45 when he hit me so it rock my neck pretty good and I pulled my groin when i was pulled out of my seat belt. I think it might be a total loss but but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The motor looked like it had shifted and the right side of the frame was bent a little.

I did make my poor FJ bleed out! and yes the battery was relocated into the Fan and radiator. The top of the motor shifter off of the lower block so its going to need some duct tape.

What do you guys think? Here are a couple more photos. The insurance adjuster will be looking at it on Wednesday so start your bets.

Fj cruiser mishap  Photo13kb

Fj cruiser mishap  Photo12u

Fj cruiser mishap  Photo32u

Back to top Go down
Fly Jester

Fly Jester

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:06 pm

45 mph and that was all the damage that happened.....wow!! Kinda crazy though to hear that you were taken out of your seat belt, but at least you were wearing it. I don't think you would be doing as good as you are if it wasn't for wearing your seat belt. I don't know much about auto repair but the way things are all twisted out of place and torqued up I don't think that is salvageable, I could be wrong though. Hope your recovery goes well.
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:58 am

I think the appropriate response here is "That'll buff right out".

In your shoes I would hope they total it. If they do, I hope you get another FJ. Also if they total it you should see if you can strip it first.
Back to top Go down
cruiseroutfit

cruiseroutfit

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:59 am

Bummer man, glad to hear you'll be OK though!

I'm 99% sure they will total it. Start pulling your goodies!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com
BlackIceBob
BlackIceBob

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 12:23 am

I'm not so sure about the total loss thing. Since it was your fault, they won't need to factor "loss of use" (i.e. car rental) into the loss. Since the air bags did NOT deploy, that actually keeps the costs low. I'm sure your frame is whacked, but there is awesome technology to get it back BETTER than when it left the factory.

That being said, it will take a lot of estimate writing for this damage. I wonder if the initial estimate totals it--possibly through supplement estimates would it total.

Make sure they try to get as much damage written as possible. A lot of times a shop will do a "partial teardown" on the damage--i.e. take off damaged fenders and plastic pieces. It is MUCH easier to see the other damage after that.

The red fluid leaking out the bottom would be transmission or transfer case fluid? THAT will help pop it up over the top.....

My $0.02 worth.

Bob

P.S. Get feeling better soon, brother!
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Totaled   Fj cruiser mishap  EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 4:43 pm

A moment of silence for my FJ, they totaled it out this past weekend.

Fj cruiser mishap  Cimg7357
Fj cruiser mishap  Photo4tu

This round (Wife had most of the input) I decided to get a Tundra and I decided on a Rock Warrior. My wife wanted something that could pull our trailer so she wanted me to get a truck. I already miss my FJ, the tundra is very very nice and I should be happy but I loved the FJ. I'll make sure to keep everyone posted with what I do to my Tundra and I hope to make it out with you all soon.

Fj cruiser mishap  Photo2rx

Thanks
Nate
Back to top Go down
Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 8:30 pm

Sorry to hear that, but that is a great looking truck! A 3 inch lift, some fender flares and some new tires would look GREAT on that! Let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
Fly Jester

Fly Jester

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 11:32 pm

Tundra looks good!.....were you able to pick some of the goodies off the FJ??
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 11:59 am

The Expedition One Tundra is awesome. I like that we have a Tundra in the group now.
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Tundra   Fj cruiser mishap  EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 11:01 am

Ya I just ordered my 4.5" lift so the mods are now starting. It's weird not having my FJ around, but the Trundra is a welcome addition.

So I don't want to sound stupid!!! I don't know much about beedlock wheels, are these real beedlock wheels?

They came with my truck. I don't think they are real but I don't have anything to base that on seeing that I know nothing about the topic

Fj cruiser mishap  Photomey

Back to top Go down
az_fj

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Did you pull anything off of the FJ.
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:49 pm

Yes I was able to get some things off but the rims, tires and suspension stayed on the rig. I did have any stock rims or shock to replace the upgrades I did so they had to stay on the vehicle. Plus I did get a nice bump to my value of 3500 for all my upgrades. But I do have some things if anyone wants to buy them. I have a skid plate made by Richochet, two hand grenade shifters, 2 LED Dome lights, Misc parts for the scuba mount including two filters and the toyota part for the diff. Nothing awesome but all fun stuff.

Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:29 pm

I don't think they are real headlocks but I LOVE them! Those are my favorite Toyota rims to date.

How much for a grenade shifter? (Just need the 4x4 txfr case knob (automatic?)
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:16 am

For you brett, 5 dollars! Ill be in town soon and I'll bring it with me.
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:32 am

There are a lot of great mods you can do on a Tundra to make it an awesome off road expedition ready rig. I look forward to seeing what you do with this. Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
SnoMan

SnoMan

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:51 pm

I'm also looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Right now I'm thinking about a Tundra as a replacement for my '05 4Runner....when the time comes.

I also doubt they are real beadlocks. If I'm not mistaken, true beadlocks are illegal to run on a public road. You'll find out the first time you take em to get some tire work done.....they'll have to unbolt each and every one of those bolts on each rim....then all over again to remount them.
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:10 pm

Ive been reading that there is a kit that I can take these fake beedlock rings off and add the real deal. Ill keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fj cruiser mishap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fj cruiser mishap    Fj cruiser mishap  Empty

Back to top Go down

Fj cruiser mishap
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next