Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For those who never saw the OG green FJ Cruiser

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BamBam

BamBam

For those who never saw the OG green FJ Cruiser Empty
PostSubject: For those who never saw the OG green FJ Cruiser   For those who never saw the OG green FJ Cruiser EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:22 pm

I was telling Moose about this earlier. I think the color on this thing is crazy. Sort of matte green, but also metallic. I don't know how you can come up with a glossy/matte paint, but somebody did it. I think it looks very cool. I believe this one was built before the 2007's were officially released, but after the 2003 prototype. I thought I had heard somewhere that it was one of the concepts being kicked around as the original Trail Teams model. If they discontinue in 2011 then I think this would be the way to go out. This model with the built in winch, the cool paint job, the 16" TRD wheels with the BF Goodrich tires, lights on the roof, and a hot lady standing next to it. Where do I sign up to order mine. Haha. JK about the hot lady part (in case my wife stops by and reads up like she does sometimes!). Smile

For those who never saw the OG green FJ Cruiser 0226
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: For those who never saw the OG green FJ Cruiser   For those who never saw the OG green FJ Cruiser EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 2:32 am

They should make that paint an option! It does look sweet. I think those are the 17" stock alloys, not the 16" TRD rims. Also note the design on the bumper wing.
Back to top Go down
BamBam

BamBam

PostSubject: Re: For those who never saw the OG green FJ Cruiser   For those who never saw the OG green FJ Cruiser EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 2:48 am

I believe you're right Big-Ern. For some reason I looked at the tires quickly and assumed they had put the TRD set on, because when they put those 17" alloy wheels they go with more of a road looking tire (is it a Dunlop?), but when they put on the 16" wheels (either TRD or off-road package) they went with the BF AT's. My mixup. That design is cool. It adds a little something to the otherwise boring little wings. I don't know why they didn't stick with that. I guess this was a last attempt prototype or a one-off made for the autoshow circuit to promote the 2007. Either way... it's cool.

If they announced right now that the 2011 Trail Teams edition was going to look like this then I'd honestly sell my 4Runner tomorrow morning, put down a deposit and hitch rides for the next 6 months until they released it and I had one. I think this is the coolest style of paint ever on an FJ..... whether you like the color or not, you've got to admit that type of paint is original.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those who never saw the OG green FJ Cruiser   For those who never saw the OG green FJ Cruiser Empty

Back to top Go down

For those who never saw the OG green FJ Cruiser
Page 1 of 1