Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LFNTMS

LFNTMS

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip Empty
PostSubject: Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip   Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:17 am

Ok so first off I'm going to just state that you don't need a FJ to do any of these trails, but its always funner. Chrissy and I like to take the kids out and explore ghost towns, mining camps and all sorts of ruins. Since the kids were in school this trip was kind of an adults only get away and test trip.

Never visiting Goblin Valley before I wanted to play it safe and book a spot at the local campground. I figured once down there we could spot out future spots outside the park. Frankly, if you're taking kids and the wife or girlfriend book the at the campgrounds. Private enclosed individual showers with hot water, full service bathrooms, fire pits, picnic shelters and lots to keep the kids entertained will help you enjoy your trip as well. Even though I booked almost two months ahead of time I wasn't able to get our first night in the campgrounds so I risked the drive down to try to get one of the six first come first serve spots, No Such Luck. Fortunately we arrived with plenty of day light and found a nice spot around the corner in Wild Horse Canyon.

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01710
Wild Horse Canyon

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01928
Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01831
Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01829
Goblin Valley Campground

If you've never been to Goblin Valley this is just a taste of what you're missing. I could spend multiple days just exploring the Goblin area alone not to mention all the various trails.

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01801
Goblin Valley

I planned out a full day of trail riding. In hind sight I bit off a little more than I could chew. Theres so much to see along one trail let alone trying to put two small trails and one average trail together in the same day. Here's a few shots from the Black Dragon Pictographs just north of I-70, the Three Fingers Petroglyphs just south of I-70 tucked in the San Rafael Swell, Swasey Cabin which is a small trail off of Temple Mountain Trail which leads back to Goblin Valley.

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01853
Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01860
Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01837
Black Dragon Wash

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01840
Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01841
Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01843
Black Dragon Pictographs

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01869
Road leading to Three Fingers along the San Rafael Swell

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01873
Natural pools just below the Three Fingers Petroglyphs

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01880
Canyon where Three Fingers is located. The Petroglyphs are located all around the cave on the right side of the picture. The pools are directly to the left of where I'm taking this photo.

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01896
Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01899
Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01883
Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01888
Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01882
Three Fingers Petroglyphs

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01905
Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01904
Some of the locals you'll run across

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01912
Swasey Cabin

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01923
Towards the end of the Temple Mountain trail the stains up on the canyon wall caught my eye so I stopped, turned around and found these pictographs. Oddly, you can camp right at the base of them. Sadly they are in really bad shape because some people don't understand look but don't touch or shoot.

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01924
Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip DSC01925

Now I know there weren't many extreme off road shots, I can only hope I've made a couple of you want to take the kids or friends and check these spots out. Oh yeah and if you do, let me know and we'll join you. There's so many more things to see slong all of these trails.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/LFNTMS
tain

tain

PostSubject: Re: Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip   Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 7:05 pm

Sorry I missed your trip, I had planned to go but caught up in life. Hope I get an invite again. Need to do reds canyon and an old mine behind the reef. Should be able to get to it pretty easy. Sorry again I missed the ride but looks like it was a good ride. Tain
Back to top Go down
Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs

PostSubject: Re: Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip   Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:37 pm

Me and the wife were in Goblin Valley a few weeks ago! We took a long road trip on a Saturday that included Capitol Reef and Goblin Valley. We didn't get the chance to explore Goblin Valley and the surrounding area as much as we would like so we are planning on going back sometime soon. Here are a few photos I shot while there.

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip 5525135474_9323e58e90_b

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip 5525134418_f448efef49_b

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip 5525131558_88bb994f44_b

And for shiggles here is a panoramic photo of the landscape outside of Torrey Utah. This is 7 pictures stitched together. The original picture size is HUGE!!

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip 5524820130_3a991421a8_b
Back to top Go down
LFNTMS

LFNTMS

PostSubject: Re: Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip   Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:45 pm

Beautiful shots. Let us know when you plan your next trip and we'll gladly meet up with you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/LFNTMS
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip   Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip Empty

Back to top Go down

Central Utah - Goblin Valley Trip
Page 1 of 1