Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's up everybody? Long time no see.....

Go down 
+2
gericurl
BamBam
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BamBam

BamBam

What's up everybody? Long time no see..... Empty
PostSubject: What's up everybody? Long time no see.....   What's up everybody? Long time no see..... EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Man has my life been a crush of suckitude. We'll get into later if needed. If not... that's great! Smile

I still have the FJ and am loving it. Need to put a trailer hitch kit on that I've had sitting here for a few weeks. Looking forward to getting together with you guys at some point. Too many personal/work problems for me over the last bit. No specifics. Let's just say that work has gotten tons better and I'm getting all benefits back and such and have recuperated from my surgery finally. But on a personal front things are a wreck. It will all work out for the best I feel.

I'm grateful for all of my pals here and feel bad that I just ditched out a while back. I want to contribute to this site however I can and get to know you all better and hopefully be a part of the community, help others, and get involved in some of the off-roading and other things we plan to do (even if it is just a garbage clean up day on the trails). Anything I can do for anybody... I'd love to help. That's what I live for.

See you all around, and thanks for keeping this site going. I see it's getting some new members. I need to get some Utah Cruisers bling to put on my FJ to help spread the word. Let me know what to do on that front. Or maybe I'll actually take a break and read the site and see what the latest is!
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: What's up everybody? Long time no see.....   What's up everybody? Long time no see..... EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:36 pm

Welcome back. Most of the "people" that have joined are probably search bots. I try to get on and clean them out once in a while. I've got to research a way of blocking them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

PostSubject: HEY   What's up everybody? Long time no see..... EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:28 pm

But some of us none search bots are trying to get Christmas out of the way. Its seems like this time of season always consumes all my time. I love Christmas especially being santa for my two kids and wife. I can't wait till my wife and kids see what I've gotten them. After Christmas lets get a group together to see if we can get stuck in some mud or snow.
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

PostSubject: Re: What's up everybody? Long time no see.....   What's up everybody? Long time no see..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:34 am

I will second everyone. My work has gone crazy. It is in a good way though. Everyday I feel like am trying to shove 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb bag. I started vacation today and still put in about 5 hours of work. My wife kkeps reminding me that it is better to have my problem than the problems others might be facign in this economy. I did manage to get some Christmas shopping in today which took a little bit off my plate. It must have becasue I am feeling compelled to go skiing tomorrow. It should be fun I get to go up with two of my girls and tele with them. It will be my 11 year old girls second day on her tele skis and she is loving it. I hope eveyone has a great holiday season and if anyone needs anything let me know(except for you Brett).
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: What's up everybody? Long time no see.....   What's up everybody? Long time no see..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 12:59 pm

Welcome back! Glad to hear your feeling better.

Brett, what are the search bots all about? I've been wanting to ask for awhile but keep forgetting.

I'll be down for a post holiday run if I can get my scheduled maintenance sorted out. I need to change the gear oil, but I can't get my skids off to get at the transmission. I bent the hell out of my transmission skid on that pile of rocks at the end of Hell's last Summer and now I can't get one of the screws out. I'll do a write up on it later.

Hope everybody has a happy holiday!
Back to top Go down
Moose-mann

Moose-mann

PostSubject: Re: What's up everybody? Long time no see.....   What's up everybody? Long time no see..... EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Hello Everyone,

I still visit the site all the time, but much like everyone else here, this time of year is a killer for me. But this seemed like a good thread to let everyone know that I am still around and that I did not sell my FJ. I had it up for sale for a few days but then pulled it, I just couldn't part with it. So I sold another one of my cars and I am now using my FJ for my daily driver. It has been great. And best of all, I can still go on runs with you guys and I can do the FJ Summit again in 2011.

I still have a project FJ40 and a FJ55 but they have been put on hold until after the holidays. I hope to have them ready for trails sometime next year.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Christmas and I hope to see you all again soon.
Back to top Go down
BamBam

BamBam

PostSubject: Re: What's up everybody? Long time no see.....   What's up everybody? Long time no see..... EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 11:19 pm

Great to hear from you guys. Glad I'm not the only one. I did go goof around in Provo Canyon the other night just for fun during a snowstorm, and couldn't get stuck even when I tried. I was solo too, which is like the dumbest idea ever. They had the gate up at Squaw Peak though which killed a lot of the fun. I took every little road I could find and there wasn't much to do. So we'll have to go somewhere and see if we can get stuck and enjoy getting unstuck! Smile

On my latest adventure I just made sure to stay within about 10 miles of my house and I had my GPS. That way if I got stuck I knew I'd only have to walk a few miles at most, and I stayed where I had cell service. If I ever saw service dropping I'd get back and loop around to somewhere that I had service within a few thousand feet. I try to be extra careful. If there's a whole bunch of us out there I think we can act a bit more stupid, which is always fun. Haha.

I'm really glad to hear you kept your FJ Moose. I heard a rumor you were getting rid of it and I was seriously considering trying to make an offer to get it as it is built perfectly. I can't think of a nicer one that I've ever seen. Do this.... if you ever seriously consider selling it again let me know alright? Because I may have mine paid off by then and could take on an additional for fun. I am not made of money or anything, but I'd sacrifice a few other things like Directv and a few other stupid things I pay for every month that I don't need for something that cool. For those who haven't seen it... it is quite possibly the best build of an FJ out there, and for sure the nicest one I've seen in person by a longshot.

On the bot front... isn't it good to have them come through, or are they not the bots that will actually catalog your site? Or are those spiders? I can never keep it straight. I know the 4Runner site got overrun with something the other day and they were basically testing it to see if it was an active site, and I believe this is because they want to then overrun the place with spam for advertising, so they send a few warning shots out. I know this because every topic I'd posted in for the last 4 years or so sent me emails over night the other night letting me know somebody had responded to the topic, and the responses were just random crap. It looked like a not-so-stealthy attempt at seeing how much they could get away with on the site, which is pretty depressing because the folks who run it are good people and have kept the site going even as the 4Runner community has shrunk in size.

Keep in touch everybody. Hope to see you out on the trails soon.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's up everybody? Long time no see.....   What's up everybody? Long time no see..... Empty

Back to top Go down

What's up everybody? Long time no see.....
Page 1 of 1