Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time to say goodbye to the FJ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Moose-mann

Moose-mann

Time to say goodbye to the FJ? Empty
PostSubject: Time to say goodbye to the FJ?   Time to say goodbye to the FJ? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:34 pm

Hello everyone,

Since I know you guys might actually be interested in the subject, I thought I would bring this up here first.

As hard as it may seem to believe or understand, I am considering selling my FJ. Not 100% sure yet, but pretty dang close. Here's the situation. I have done everything I ever wanted to do with the FJ as far as mods go, and in my opinion, done a top rate job of it and learned a lot in the process. Now the sane man would probably say, "Great, now I can enjoy it and keep it forever" right? But for me, the fun is in the project, the excitement is in looking forward to the next mod, researching and learning new things. So now the FJ no longer offers this to me AND, I have the opportunity for a couple of other projects that really excite me. So the big question is, is it time to give up the FJ to help finance a couple of other adventures? I think it may be time.

So even though it will be hard in a way to sell the FJ, I figure I ought to do what makes me happy and enjoy life.

And yes, I am sadly aware that I will in no way recover all the costs of the mods that I have put into the FJ. All part of the deal when you are in this hobby. Such is life.

Anyway, more to come on this later but if you know of anyone that may be interested in a highly modified, done the right way FJ let me know.

Moose
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to the FJ?   Time to say goodbye to the FJ? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:51 pm

Kyle nooooooo!

Actually I think I get you. Luckily I'm no where near the end of my mod list. I'm sure mine will be like the truggy we saw in Moab some day, barely recognizable as an fj.
I would die to drive your truck. Maybe we can talk you into stripping off some of those well thought out mods to recoup some money for the next project.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to the FJ?   Time to say goodbye to the FJ? EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 3:44 am

What you are saying makes sense to me. I have often thought about a dedicated trail rig or restoring an old 40 or something, but I don't have the shop space right now.

I say do what feels right. You'd still join us in some trail runs, right?
Back to top Go down
FJ Jorgy

FJ Jorgy

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to the FJ?   Time to say goodbye to the FJ? EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:08 pm

Well if you you do get rid of it, I hope to see you in a equally well built IRON PIG some day! Still a cruiser but a little more unique and totally badass. You know your stuff and I hope to see you on the trail again.
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to the FJ?   Time to say goodbye to the FJ? EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:56 pm

Still one of the best looking FJs I've seen in person. I hope you don't sell it, but if you do you better still hang out with us. afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahsportcycle.com
Moose-mann

Moose-mann

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to the FJ?   Time to say goodbye to the FJ? EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:00 pm

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your thoughts and compliments on the rig. I think Big Ern hit the nail on the head....Do what feels right. I am just going to have a blast with this. I put the FJ up for sale today on KSL and all the boards.

You better believe I will still hang out with you guys and go on runs. I hope to have something ready by next Spring. When I get everything squared away and a plan in place I will make sure to share it with you.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Moose-mann

Moose-mann

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to the FJ?   Time to say goodbye to the FJ? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 5:54 pm

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the free bumps and kind words in the Blue Room.

As I suspected, the market right now just would not support the price I was asking for the FJ, but I had to try right? I think it was a fair price, just a terrible market. So now I have to make the decision on how badly I want to sell it and start a few new projects. It is looking as if someone may get a great deal on an FJ!

I will keep you updated and thanks again.

Moose

PS - I am working hard on the FJ40 so I won't miss any fun next spring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to the FJ?   Time to say goodbye to the FJ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to say goodbye to the FJ?
Page 1 of 1