Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

blue goose hi!

Go down 
+5
tain
Big-Ern
FJ Jorgy
ttora4runner
blue goose
9 posters
AuthorMessage
blue goose

blue goose

blue goose hi! Empty
PostSubject: blue goose hi!   blue goose hi! EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:30 pm

Howdy all Very Happy New to this forum but not to FJ's. I have an 09' VB, auto 4x4. Haven't been around much lately, but hope to remedy that.

I live in Vernal, there are quite a few FJ's out this way-but I think mine is the prettiest. I am semi-retired, avid fly-fisher & @ the present stuck, confined to being 'quiet', due to an injury which occurred a while ago. Have to say, sitting around is making me crazy, but if it helps eh?

Hope to meet some of you soon, when Doc says I can start moving around again.

Back to top Go down
ttora4runner

blue goose hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: blue goose hi!   blue goose hi! EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:32 am

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
FJ Jorgy

FJ Jorgy

blue goose hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: blue goose hi!   blue goose hi! EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:57 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

blue goose hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: blue goose hi!   blue goose hi! EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 2:39 am

Welcome!

Always wanted to fly fish but never had the patience to learn. Now that I think of it, that's probably why I'm terrible at fishing in general...
Back to top Go down
tain

tain

blue goose hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: blue goose hi!   blue goose hi! EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 11:54 pm

Hello Blue Goose I live over the hill in Carbon County. Need to plan a ride , I have been wanting to go out on the old Baxter Rail Road and visit Dragon. Welcome to the group. Tain
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

blue goose hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: blue goose hi!   blue goose hi! EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 12:18 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahsportcycle.com
blue goose

blue goose

blue goose hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: blue goose hi!   blue goose hi! EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:21 am

Thanks everyone! sunny
Back to top Go down
BlackIceBob
BlackIceBob

blue goose hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: blue goose hi!   blue goose hi! EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:59 am

Welcome to the craziness that is the FJ addiction and the Utah Cruisers, Blue Goose! Maybe you will be all better for a nice little trip to Moab in the Spring? Smile
Back to top Go down
blue goose

blue goose

blue goose hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: blue goose hi!   blue goose hi! EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:48 pm

BlackIceBob wrote:
Welcome to the craziness that is the FJ addiction and the Utah Cruisers, Blue Goose! Maybe you will be all better for a nice little trip to Moab in the Spring? Smile
I would love that!
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

blue goose hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: blue goose hi!   blue goose hi! EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 2:29 am

We need to start planning a trip now so that folks have enough notice to make it happen. I'd like to do Elephant Hill in late February/early March (weather permitting of course) and maybe plan a camping trip to the swell for the April time frame. I bought a book a few weeks ago that profiles many of the slot canyons in the swell area and I'm itching to do some exploring.
Back to top Go down
blue goose

blue goose

blue goose hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: blue goose hi!   blue goose hi! EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:02 pm

Big-Ern wrote:
We need to start planning a trip now so that folks have enough notice to make it happen. I'd like to do Elephant Hill in late February/early March (weather permitting of course) and maybe plan a camping trip to the swell for the April time frame. I bought a book a few weeks ago that profiles many of the slot canyons in the swell area and I'm itching to do some exploring.
I can not begin to tell you how I want to do that! I'm not familiar with the are you are talking about-so, ? 1, what is the name of the book you bought?

Folks, I have to tell you what happened, because as of now I can't even go to the river & sit.

A yr ago, June 26th, 09', a trip was planned of which I was planning to go. But as is the case w/me, the 'fishies' were calling my name. Lori (owner of Big Foot Fly shop), Joni (loves to fish) & I, took the Dory to the Green River for a day of fishing.

I will not go into all the days events-which was awesome. I'll cut to the chase, so to speak. Joni wanted to learn to row, so on a calm stretch of water we put her on the oars. She was doing a great job til a gust of wind spun her in between two rocks. Beautiful parking by the way Laughing

I took over rowing, as we were coming to Mother-in-Law-should have let Lori row. Anyway, I thought I was 'set up', but we hit dead center on to 'can opener'. Lori & Joni were physically fine, well Lori got a fly stuck in her finger. I, however was not. My head hit the gunnel & was thrown, semi conscious, into the Green. Yep, near drowning event. (acct. of the incident is on Face Book), under High Desert Anglers, Trout Unlimited area

Since then, I've had what all thought to be 'lung infections'. NOT-pulmonologist just found my lung function is 60%. So, here I sit, trying to be optimistic & hopeful-meanwhile can't do anything.

Sorry for the rambling, but I had to tell this as it is diff. for me to come to grips with. I am praying the Pulm. Doc can figure this out & turn it around. Til I have some ans. here I sit.

Kath
Back to top Go down
blue goose

blue goose

blue goose hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: blue goose hi!   blue goose hi! EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:10 pm

Bump-add

Memory was upset by 'the incident', no 02 & trying to breath like a fish don't work together very well either. I do not recommend this for you adventurous types Embarassed
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

blue goose hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: blue goose hi!   blue goose hi! EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 4:16 pm

A BIG WELCOME to the forum.

I grew up in Vernal until I was 7. My Grandma still lives in Maeser.

If it was you that waved at me that day, I've taken it to heart. I passed a silver FJ with fresh-from-the-dealer paper tags yesterday and I pulled up next to him and gave him a wave. It's been a while since I've seen anyone smile that big.

Hope to see you soon on the dirt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

blue goose hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: blue goose hi!   blue goose hi! EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 4:17 pm

Big-Ern wrote:

MoabRat typically plans the run around the lake and the Moab Spring Fling (both seem like earlier season trips)
just light a fire under him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
FJ Jon

FJ Jon

blue goose hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: blue goose hi!   blue goose hi! EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:11 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

blue goose hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: blue goose hi!   blue goose hi! Empty