Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How active is the Utah Forum?

Go down 
+4
Big-Ern
GambleCamble
kbjames
gericurl
8 posters
AuthorMessage
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

How active is the Utah Forum? Empty
PostSubject: How active is the Utah Forum?   How active is the Utah Forum? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:09 am

Awesome community we've got going.

I was contacted a little while back to help with the Canadian forum graphics (*Disclaimer: I didn't have time so NO that is not a product of mine)... .... anyways I went over to see what they came up with.

FJ Canada

So here's what info I collected:
They have 168 Members. We have only 26
They have 145 Threads. We have 104
They have 772 posts. We have 983

Their forum represents the entire country of Canada.
Ours is just Utah (although not exclusive)

Most active canadians online at once:9 (out of 168)
Most active Utah cruisers online:6 (Out of 26)

The oldest thread I could find on the CA forum was from 04/09
Our forum has been up for a little over 100 days, but no one was invited for a while. (Jan 5)

I was checking some of our stats for thread views.
Our top thread has been viewed 470 times. Unless we are all reading the thread 20+ times there are a bunch of guests (non-registered users) reading what we are talking about.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
kbjames

kbjames

PostSubject: Re: How active is the Utah Forum?   How active is the Utah Forum? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:30 am

Before coming here, I primarily spent my time at two sites.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/
http://www.fjccentral.com/index.php

But in the last year or so, I haven't spent much time at either one of them because the Utah contingent seemed to have fallen off the face the planet!! Sad confused scratch

So I'm really glad to see this site up and running and getting regular posts on a daily basis. As for me I will admit it, I'm not loyal to any website per se....but I will always be most loyal to the site that is most active for Utah FJ'ers.....and at the moment "this is the place". Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

PostSubject: Canada   How active is the Utah Forum? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 11:30 am

I love this page! Plus thats way funny that the whole country of Canada is less active then just us guys in Utah. We should just take them over!
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: How active is the Utah Forum?   How active is the Utah Forum? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:37 am

I've been amazed for awhile that the state with the best off-roading to be had anywhere has such an incohesive off-road community. I've been looking for a site like this for awhile. Lets hope it continues to grow and we can all get together for trail runs and such regularly.
Back to top Go down
BlackIceBob
BlackIceBob

PostSubject: Re: How active is the Utah Forum?   How active is the Utah Forum? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:39 am

I agree with all. This forum will succeed as we all contribute.

It would help if Brett would buy Moose's wheels too......................... Smile
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

PostSubject: Re: How active is the Utah Forum?   How active is the Utah Forum? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:09 pm

I hate this place and all of you!!
JK Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

PostSubject: Re: How active is the Utah Forum?   How active is the Utah Forum? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:18 pm

SKIBUMM wrote:
I hate this place and all of you!!
JK Very Happy

Back at ya buddy. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahsportcycle.com
BamBam

BamBam

PostSubject: Re: How active is the Utah Forum?   How active is the Utah Forum? EmptySat May 29, 2010 2:21 am

I have a question.... how is this setup to show in searches? I think we could pull some more traffic if we had it set so that people looking for info on trails and such in Utah and got bumped up in google searches I bet we'd pull a lot more visitors in who would pop by and ask questions about trails, accommodations, rentals, etc. etc. etc. It may not do a ton for the quality of the discussion as it relates to FJ's, but it will get more people here and checking out the amazing graphics (which look fantastic by the way). This could get more people coming on board and some ads from selected vendors and freebies for you guys running it to follow. Just throwing out ideas.

I am off work for the summer and would be pleased to contribute here somehow if possible and hopefully get to meet some of you guys. I am still trying to figure out if Kalen is the only one I've met. He's a good guy and a hoot and I can tell the rest of you are kindred spirits with him. Smile
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: How active is the Utah Forum?   How active is the Utah Forum? EmptySun May 30, 2010 12:20 am

I'm not too sure about how to make this rank higher on Google. I know the constant posting helps. When the google search bots crawl through and find new info they like it. If we can get linked on other sites Google likes that too. I'm sure we could do some SEO (search engine optimization) but I think that might cost some $. I'll find out at work on Tues. We've got guys that do everything web.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
BamBam

BamBam

PostSubject: Re: How active is the Utah Forum?   How active is the Utah Forum? EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:02 am

One of my friends had his site ranked #1 on a specific sport even though he had almost no content. He told me once he how he did it, and it didn't cost anything. I'll send him an email and see if he can get me any information.

I've searched for Utah Offroading info and it seems like there isn't a great deal out there that is very specific or helpful. You find some stuff on jeep tours and hotels in Moab and such, but there is just so much more info that could be shared. I will update if I get anything of use!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How active is the Utah Forum?   How active is the Utah Forum? Empty

Back to top Go down

How active is the Utah Forum?
Page 1 of 1