Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Utah FJ Wrenchathon

Go down 
+5
Mr Tibbs
gericurl
tallywacker7
cnckart
SKIBUMM
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

Utah FJ Wrenchathon Empty
PostSubject: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:38 pm

OK so here it is lets get this ball rolling. Does April 16th sound good for everyone or should we do the 17th? Also we could do either a night run if done on the 16th or an efternoon/evening run on the 17th.

Who is coming and what MODS do you want done? I will keep this list updated so that we can be assured that we know what we need to accomplish with everyone.

SKIBUMM/Greg-Body Mount Chop and possible Hella wiring.

Cnckart/Brad-Scuba MOD

Tallywacker- fix my body mount chop (add a filler plate and make a cleaner cut)
-make rear diff and atrac work at same time for my early 07
-add a toyota light switch to my already installed fogs (I have two switches sitting in my garage)
-maybe the scuba mod

Gericurl/Brett-Light wiring
-body chop
-scuba mod

BigErn-Scuba MOD
Tibbs-atrac hack
-skids

Blackicebob/Bob
Scuba MOD and Body Chop.

Last edited by SKIBUMM on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:46 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:06 pm

The 16th should work for me. I think I'm doing the body chop before this. That way I'll know how big to make the patch plates. Post up if your doing the chop, and I'll have plates for you.

cnckart: Scuba mod
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahsportcycle.com
tallywacker7

tallywacker7

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:37 pm

Here are a list of possibilities for me- obviously, I prob cant do them all, but in case someone else has the same interest.
I would like to:
- fix my body mount chop (add a filler plate and make a cleaner cut)
-make rear diff and atrac work at same time for my early 07
-add a toyota light switch to my already installed fogs (I have two switches sitting in my garage)
-maybe the scuba mod
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:41 pm

I will have lights to wire, Winch to mount, Scuba mod, chop the body mount, and I could do skids at about any time.

I don't plan to do them all that night, but I think the scuba and body chop would be nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Me and the wife might show up just to meet you guys! Eventually I have a laundry list of mods to be done, but probably won't be up to doing anything so soon. If anything I would be interested in doing the ATRAC hack. Wink
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:53 am

The 16th works for me. I might be doing a cleaner scuba mod. I've already got it done, but it could be done better.
Back to top Go down
BlackIceBob
BlackIceBob

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:46 pm

BlackIceBob (Bob, duh).....
Scuba mod, body mount chop chop.....
Smile

What a Face
Back to top Go down
smigette

smigette

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:23 pm

We just realized we might be moving that weekend, depending on when we close on the house. So I would put us as a solid, tentative at this point... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 1:52 pm

I just updated the wrench-a-thon list of participant and what they would liek to have done and it looks like we have 4 scuba Mods.
Brad how should we do the brackets would it be best for me torun down to richocet so you can see what I did or any other suggestions?

For the body mount chop has anyone cut thiers yet? I have not had time as I had to put in a new washer and dryer and move the old one down stairs so my precious daughter did not have to walk up three flights of stairs to do her laundry. Can you say spoiled? OK back to the subject I am done ranting.

I am thinking that we should maybe do stations or have a main person in charge of the different MODS. I can be in charge of Scuba or anything for that matter as long as welding is not involved. What do you guys think of that method? If you like do you have anythign that you would like to oversee?
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 2:02 pm

Yeah if you want to come down that would work. I think I am going to go a little different route. I don't think I can mount mine where yours is, with mine being a manual I have a clutch master there. But I can do the brackets for everyone else.
Back to top Go down
BlackIceBob
BlackIceBob

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 2:52 pm

I have checked and double-checked with my friend. He will be there with his wire-feed welder (110V).
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Brad, I bet the bracket would work somewhere else. (Or you could find someone that could fab up something for you.)
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 6:19 pm

Oh I already have something in mind. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 2:10 am

Leave it to you Brad to already have a plan.
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

PostSubject: Check in.   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:05 pm

I would love to come that weekend I'm good for the 17th or 16th. I read the thread and I did not see a time or place? I would love to see other mods and how to do them. I should probably jump on the body chop mount list because I do have some minor rubbing. Also I would love to see the scuba mount because that one of the top mods on my list.
Back to top Go down
BlackIceBob
BlackIceBob

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:21 pm

I believe we are having the wrench-a-thon at Greg's house. Let's set a time! 6:00PM????
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:05 pm

The 16th at six works for me. Really going to try to get my chop done this week and make the weld in plates for everyone. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:54 pm

6 PM works for me if we don't want to start earlier.
Back to top Go down
BlackIceBob
BlackIceBob

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:11 pm

If my employment (or lack thereof) situation is the same, I can start any ol' time! Laughing

I do have something that is brewing that is VERY promising.... but can't tell a word....... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:36 am

BlackIceBob wrote:
I do have something that is brewing that is VERY promising.... but can't tell a word....... Laughing

Keep your fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:37 am

SKIBUMM wrote:
6 PM works for me if we don't want to start earlier.

6 PM works for me, but I can go earlier if you all want.
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Good luck with the Job Bob. I've got this in my day planner with a gold star next to it.
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:20 pm

I kind of cleaned out the garage on Saturday in preperation for this Friday. I am also trying to figure out the best way to get my address out to everyone. I am thinking that if you guys PM me I can send it back to you. But Brett might know how to PM those that are going to come by at one time. He is smart.

Also my air powered cut off wheel bit the dust so I only have a rotozip with a metal blade for the body chop. If anyone has a better tool for the job bring it. Anyone have a small grinder too?
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:50 pm

I'll bring my 4.5" 'lectric grinder (maybe it's six, and I think I've got a brand new cutting wheel) I know I have a grinding wheel, I used it this weekend.

Greg if you PM me your address I think I can send out a mass PM or email. Is there anybody you don't want me to invite tongue ?
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Here are the tools I'm going to bring:
Full set of hand tools, sockets wrenches etc.
2 pairs of jackstands
A jack
4" grinder I also have 6" cut off wheels that shoud work too.
I'll also bring a regular cut off tool
Air tools: impact, rachet, cut off and hammer
Any thing else?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Utah FJ Wrenchathon   Utah FJ Wrenchathon Empty

Back to top Go down

Utah FJ Wrenchathon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next