Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Expedition Utah

Expedition Utah

Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4 Empty
PostSubject: Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4   Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:48 am

What: Freeze Your Tail Off 4
When: December 21st - 22nd
Where: The Sun Tunnels
Who: Anyone interested in freezing out in the west desert to have a chance seeing the sun rise through the Sun Tunnels for the winter solctice.

Details:
This is Expedition Utah's fourth annual Freeze Your Tail Off campout! we will be meeting at the gas station in Delle [Map] at 6:00pm on Friday, December 21st. From there we will caravan to the Bonneville Speedway exit off I-80 [Map]. This is your last chance for gas, if you need it. After topping off our tanks we will caravan to the Sun Tunnels [Map].

Once we reach the Sun Tunnels, we'll pitch camp and get a fire going! Everyone is encouraged to bring wood, as it will be COLD out there!

In the morning, if you're able, try to wake up for the sunrise as it shines through the tunnels, it really is a sight to see. After everyone has thawed a little and is ready to get moving again we will split into two groups. One that heads up over the old Transcontinental Railroad grade back towards Brigham City and another down around the Silver Island Mountains and Wendover again.

So if braving the cold for a night sounds entertaining to you (and we hope it does!) please post up so that we know who's going!

FYTO3 Trip Report

Attendees:
Stephen +1
Kurt
sixstringsteve +1
Scott +1
Adam
Brad
Rot Box
Kevin B.
jeepin4x4james
tacomaman99 +1
ModStock
Jeepj667
Sawtooth
Moody
Brian P
Micah
dubtaco
dugfab
Del Glue
Brute Force +3
Troy DeMill
Dave(man)
beno
deviant
notajeep +1
Chaos
Paul R.
Chats
DOSS +1
Zack J. +1
mbradshaw
Grimmjpr +1
toy-utah fj
Krazytoy +1
blznnp
Tonkaman
trd270 +1
jentzschman
Westernhunter
Don Carroll + 1
heavy18
whitecruise
bigeee

Maybe:
SiRed91
max.powerzz +1
Mavrick
flyjester
CobraNutt
WillyLin
bobn (Saturday Only)
MooseCruiser +1
JCMatthews +1
hedonist +1
DAA
lilmule
Wjeeper
Donner
Jesser04
Bart
kepkramer
DevinB
jonharis
LFNTMS
SYLSKR

What is Expedition Utah? Expedition Utah is a website and forum dedicated to vehicle assisted exploration of Utah's beautiful and varied backcountry. We strive to provide an online repository of information to help people plan their next adventures and a forum to let them discuss it with others who share their passion. Our Quarterly Trail Rides are designed to move that experience off the computer and into the real world by highlighting Utah's thousands and thousands of miles of scenic backroads.

Last edited by Expedition Utah on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
LFNTMS

LFNTMS

PostSubject: Re: Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4   Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:04 pm

I'd like to make this one. Debating on leaving the wife and young'ns at home, so I wont have to drag along a tent. I know some of the guys here have done it before, any pointers Question
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/LFNTMS
Expedition Utah

Expedition Utah

PostSubject: Re: Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4   Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Its definately a worth while trip. Would be a little tough with a small child, for sure. But if you can swing it, you'd like it!
Back to top Go down
Dave(man)

Dave(man)

PostSubject: Re: Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4   Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 9:06 pm

saw this on RME and definately interested in checking it out Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Expedition Utah

Expedition Utah

PostSubject: Re: Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4   Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:41 pm

About 35 people looking to go! Shaping up to be a great event!
Back to top Go down
Dave(man)

Dave(man)

PostSubject: Re: Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4   Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:47 pm

is there a limit on how many can go? i've never been there so wasn't sure on space availability....
Back to top Go down
Expedition Utah

Expedition Utah

PostSubject: Re: Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4   Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:32 pm

No limit. Its the wide open deseret!
Back to top Go down
Dave(man)

Dave(man)

PostSubject: Re: Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4   Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 7:04 pm

cool man....desert or deseret? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Expedition Utah

Expedition Utah

PostSubject: Re: Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4   Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:21 pm

Its the desert in the State of Deseret, right? Wink
Back to top Go down
Expedition Utah

Expedition Utah

PostSubject: Re: Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4   Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:30 pm

Wow, nearly 50 people looking to go! This is going to be an awesome trip!
Look for more updates and information on Expedition Utah's forum.
Back to top Go down
Expedition Utah

Expedition Utah

PostSubject: Re: Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4   Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:14 pm

77 people potentially going! Wow!! This is going to be great!!
Back to top Go down
bigeee

bigeee

PostSubject: Re: Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4   Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:41 pm

Sounds awesome. I don't see any reason why i wouldnt be able to go.
Back to top Go down
jesmor3

jesmor3

PostSubject: Re: Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4   Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 5:43 pm

Dang, I won't be able to go. Crying or Very sad Have fun freezin' your tails off without me!
Back to top Go down
Expedition Utah

Expedition Utah

PostSubject: Re: Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4   Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 6:02 pm

bigeee wrote:
Sounds awesome. I don't see any reason why i wouldnt be able to go.

Great! Glad you can make it!
Back to top Go down
Expedition Utah

Expedition Utah

PostSubject: Re: Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4   Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 6:03 pm

jesmor3 wrote:
Dang, I won't be able to go. Crying or Very sad Have fun freezin' your tails off without me!

To bad. Maybe next year!
Back to top Go down
Expedition Utah

Expedition Utah

PostSubject: Re: Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4   Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Wow, guys! This is shaping up to be quite the group! 56 confirmed and 25 maybes! Can't wait for Friday night!
Back to top Go down
Expedition Utah

Expedition Utah

PostSubject: Re: Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4   Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 1:16 pm

Thanks everyone for coming! You can find the trip report here!
http://www.expeditionutah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3089
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4   Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Expedition Utah's Freeze Your Tail Off 4
Page 1 of 1