Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need Help! Strange tire noise

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

Need Help! Strange tire noise Empty
PostSubject: Need Help! Strange tire noise   Need Help! Strange tire noise EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:56 pm

So I've noticed over the last couple months when I have my driver side window down I can hear a strange rubbing noise from my driver side wheel well. It almost sounds like something rubbing on a loose piece of plastic or metal. I have a recorded sound clip of this noise, sorry about the wind noise but listen carefully for the rubbing noise. You have to download the file and no this is not some halloween joke.

Please listen and let me know whet you think this might be.

https://www.opendrive.com/files?7352854_KNrnG

Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

PostSubject: Re: Need Help! Strange tire noise   Need Help! Strange tire noise EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:09 am

Kind of hard to tell from the recording. I'd start with the obvious. The sheet metal around the front rotor would be a good place to start, then parking brake, and...??? It would help to hear it in person.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahsportcycle.com
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: Need Help! Strange tire noise   Need Help! Strange tire noise EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:13 am

Does the noise change when you turn the steering wheel or when you increase or decrease speed? Have you inspected all of the wheel wells for any sign of rubbing? You may also want to check your prop and drive shafts to make sure nothing is in there rubbing (a stick or something).

Let us know what you find.
Back to top Go down
BlackIceBob
BlackIceBob

PostSubject: Re: Need Help! Strange tire noise   Need Help! Strange tire noise EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:16 pm

Nate,
I could drive your FJ around with you strapped to the undercarriage. Maybe just getting a little bit closer to the noise will help pinpoint it! Smile
Bob

P.S. Actually if you know anyone with a roller that could get the front tires moving with the front end load on it.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help! Strange tire noise   Need Help! Strange tire noise Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Help! Strange tire noise
Page 1 of 1