Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner.

Go down 
+4
gericurl
cnckart
Moose-mann
BamBam
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BamBam

BamBam

My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. Empty
PostSubject: My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner.   My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:14 pm

I begrudgingly sold my 2007 4Runner Sport this morning. I seriously loved that truck. It was everything you'd want in an SUV, except for it didn't have a DVD player for the kids. Haha. My wife's Pilot does, it also has leather seats, and it is blue, so it makes her happy and we're keeping it as the family truckster. If she's happy, then we're all happy. She felt like the 4Runner was a sports car because of the V8 and hood scoop and all of that and I got the feeling that she didn't like driving it... so the Pilot wins.

It looks like an FJ will be our second vehicle once again though, which fits my personality a little better and is good for a second car when you don't drive all that much. Plus we're probably moving, so it makes sense that we will all commute together into Orem each day for work/school/daycare in the Pilot, but I'll have the FJ for fun weekends.

So it looks like as of later this week I'll be back in the club. It's good to be here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Moose-mann

Moose-mann

PostSubject: Re: My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner.   My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Hey Jon,

Great news Buddy!

Welcome back. We'll be looking for you on the trails. Moab in September maybe!??!!
Back to top Go down
BamBam

BamBam

PostSubject: Re: My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner.   My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 4:11 pm

I'm going to try my friend. Yeehaw! I figure I can probably leave straight after work and get down there Friday night around 8 or 9 if I hurry. I'm going to need some advice on mods for sure, and you're the first guy I'm asking. Smile
Back to top Go down
BamBam

BamBam

PostSubject: Re: My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner.   My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Down payment has been made on the FJ I have chosen. Just need to pick it up. Muahahahaha.
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

PostSubject: Re: My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner.   My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:57 pm

^^ Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahsportcycle.com
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner.   My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:54 pm

Oh snap this is getting serious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner.   My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 5:04 am

Congrats dude!
Back to top Go down
jason04

PostSubject: Re: My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner.   My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 2:28 pm

Pictures? scratch
Back to top Go down
BamBam

BamBam

PostSubject: Re: My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner.   My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Flying out tomorrow to drive
it home. Pictures coming soon assuming I make it home safely. Cross your
fingers for me! Smile
Back to top Go down
ttora4runner

PostSubject: Re: My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner.   My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:41 am

Flying out?? What state did you buy it in?

Congrats on the purchase.
Back to top Go down
BamBam

BamBam

PostSubject: Re: My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner.   My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 1:10 pm

Nevada. Waiting at the gate right now.

Will update tomorrow when I get home. Smile
Back to top Go down
BamBam

BamBam

PostSubject: Re: My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner.   My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 11:48 am

So, this week I ended up saying good-bye to this (which was a heck of a nice truck and did everything well)...

My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. 4Runner

And now... we (my older brother Andy and I who stepped up BIG and helped me get this done) got home at 1 this morning after a marathon flying/driving session. Now, we can say hello to this!

Outside of a Jack in the Box in Carson City

My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. FJTrailTeams

We saw LOTS of this... until it got dark. Then I enjoyed the scenery more. 612 miles of THIS!

My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. FJScenery

We had to do this a couple of times (just to be safe... once in Winnemucca and once in Elko).

My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. FJFillUp

And it is sitting safely in my driveway now. I tried to take a pic last night when I got home but couldn't get enough light. Today it is time for my first mod. Putting in my Industrial Forming console. I'd highly recommend it. Smile

This thing has some neat features my 2008 TT didn't have. I look forward to getting to know and use them (skid control off and rsca off which my 4runner did have). But it also has a cool backup camera instead of the sonars. I wish they had kept the sonar though for backing up at night. The camera doesn't help so much then. So I may add sonar back on if possible and just have the best of both worlds. I may hack the camera so that it is on all the time and not just when in reverse... but haven't decided yet. We shall see. Let the fun start! Smile
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

PostSubject: Sweet Ride   My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:56 pm

By chance were you driving on Bangerter Highway today? I saw a brand new 2010TT in the south jordan area.
Back to top Go down
jason04

PostSubject: Re: My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner.   My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 8:06 pm

Nice rig... you should come up AF this weekend with us? Let it flex a bit and get used to its new home!
Back to top Go down
BamBam

BamBam

PostSubject: Re: My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner.   My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 10:49 pm

When and where are you guys going Jason? I'm supposed to take my family out for food tomorrow because my niece is coming into town. I'll have to check the schedule.

That wasn't me on Bangerter gamble. I was sleeping! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner.   My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner. Empty

Back to top Go down

My name is Jon and I am no longer a 4Runner owner.
Page 1 of 1