Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tallywacker7

tallywacker7

must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West Empty
PostSubject: must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West   must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:31 pm

This article is mainly for greg, because he didn't like my old school (defender wannabe) tall and skinny tires.

But seriously, this article tells you everything about tires... and it helped me make my decision to switch to tall and skinny 34s from wide 33s. Yes, wider tires may look bigger and badder, but .....well, just read on and you can decide what is best for you.

http://www.expeditionswest.com/research/white_papers/tire_selection_rev1.html#examples

p.s. the rest of you might want to read it to learn the proper sizing of tires... Twisted Evil JK JK you know i luv u.
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

PostSubject: Re: must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West   must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:37 pm

Bothhave positive and negative effects. Its a personal choice for me. I am not a pizza cutter guy I guess.
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West   must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:52 pm

Nor are you a ham and pineapple pizza guy. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

PostSubject: Re: must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West   must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:02 am

gericurl76 wrote:
Nor are you a ham and pineapple pizza guy. Razz

You got that impression huh?
Back to top Go down
tallywacker7

tallywacker7

PostSubject: Re: must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West   must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:12 am

SKIBUMM wrote:
Bothhave positive and negative effects. Its a personal choice for me. I am not a pizza cutter guy I guess.

maybe one day you will grow up lol!
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

PostSubject: Re: must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West   must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:40 am

tallywacker7 wrote:
SKIBUMM wrote:

maybe one day you will grow up lol!

LOL you sound like my wife.
Back to top Go down
BlackIceBob
BlackIceBob

PostSubject: Re: must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West   must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:24 am

I may get old, but I refuse to grow up!!!

Thanks for the article, youngster. tongue
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

PostSubject: Tires   must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:44 am

I love my 305 x 65 17' they have done well in snow, mud, rock and sand. I'm sure they have their limits because you cant get everything out of one tire type or size. I like the pizza cutter look but I thought the wide tires would look better on my green war machine.

After the tread wears down and I get further down the road with paying off the FJ I will definitely put on 35 x 12.50 17. I will re-gear and throw on a supercharger but thats to come on my green war machines 3rd or 4th birthday. For now i'll tear up the road a bit more with my eco-friendly wide tires LOL
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

PostSubject: Re: must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West   must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:08 pm

I am still torn as to wether or not the Cherry Bomb will be rockin 35s or not.
Back to top Go down
BlackIceBob
BlackIceBob

PostSubject: Re: must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West   must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:46 pm

In my opinion, 35's are too tall. They increase your center of gravity...for what...another single inch of clearance?

I would vote putting the cashola into some different mods................... just my $0.02 worth.
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

PostSubject: Re: must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West   must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:02 pm

BlackIceBob wrote:
In my opinion, 35's are too tall. They increase your center of gravity...for what...another single inch of clearance?

I would vote putting the cashola into some different mods................... just my $0.02 worth.

All I heard was BLAH BLAH BLAH. lol!
I am not sure if that will be my route or not yet I still have some time before I have to make that decision.
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West   must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:54 pm

SKIBUMM wrote:
BlackIceBob wrote:

All I heard was BLAH BLAH BLAH. lol!
I am not sure if that will be my route or not yet I still have some time before I have to make that decision.

I always hear that noise Charlie Brown's parents used to make "Wa wa wa waa wa"
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

PostSubject: Re: must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West   must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 12:16 am

I believe that was Charlie Brown's teacher wasn't it.
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West   must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 12:16 am

I thought it was all the adults...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West   must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West Empty

Back to top Go down

must read!!! Tire article from Expeditions West
Page 1 of 1