Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soylent Green

Go down 
+2
gericurl
cnckart
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Soylent Green Empty
PostSubject: Soylent Green   Soylent Green EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:14 pm

I'd like to keep track of changes as I go and this seems a great place to keep track. I have a lot of photos to take to get this up to date but I thought I'd start but showing some of my storage space.

Soylent Green Fj55_fjc
^ I started with a 2008 FJC and a 1977 FJ55.
I doubt I'll be doing much technical stuff with the FJC for some time. I'm doing an engine swap in the FJ55 this summer (time and money).

Soylent Green Provocanyon
^ I traded the 2008 FJC in for a 2010 FJC

Soylent Green Mollerear
^ I retained the rear door additions I'd made on the 2008 FJC (what a dealership fiasco that was). Namely one OEM net and a Springtail M-Pac MOLLE rack. This holds most of my shooting gear and a few extras.

It's difficult to tell at all but there is a M1913 picatinny rail mounted under the MOLLE rack towards the inside of the car. It has a GG&G bipod mounted on it right now. It's convenient as can be for me.

Soylent Green Flashlight
^ I did take this opportunity to add Quick Fists (you can get them at Cabella's) for a Maglight.

Soylent Green Molleside
^ Also like my 2008 I added a strip of steel to mount bags to here. I did this before I saw the Sprintail solution and there are pros and cons to doing it each way. This was meant as a proof-of-concept and I meant to upgrade it but two years into FJC ownership and I still use it as is. Lazy?

Soylent Green Gravedigger
^ My gravedigger set includes ACE d-ring shovel and axe mounted with a kit from Garvin.

Soylent Green Hi-lift
^ My Hi-Lift is mounted with the Hi-Lift brand mounting hardware.

Soylent Green Buttons
^ I've almost filled my slots up! Just one left on the left of the steering wheel. I had the dealer install OEM BlueLogic bluetooth, The OEM airdam with lights, and an aftermarket remote start. I have opinions about all of these topics if anyone has questions. I feel super lazy having admitted I didn't do the installs myself but there it is.

Other mods, not shown, iPhone Pro.Fit mount installed (super easy to do and useful) and mirror and handle blackout (looks super rough close up). I use a locked Storm case when traveling with a rifle, I secure it to the hooks in the cargo space.

Planned for the next 24 months: ARB front bumper with brush guard, rear bumper (undecided), mild lift (2in rear & 3in front maximum), rock sliders, laptop RAM mount, CB radio antenna and radio mount, seat heaters, interior safe mount (already purchased), Garvin adventure rack, and wheel + tire swap.

Last edited by GunSlut on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Soylent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soylent Green   Soylent Green EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:15 pm

On that latter note, I have a brand new set of OEM steelies with caps and I think I'm going to buy something else instead. Anyone have any luck selling the OEM aluminum wheels?
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

Soylent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soylent Green   Soylent Green EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:52 pm

Nice looking ride! Try selling your alloys on the blue room, seems like someone is always looking. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahsportcycle.com
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

Soylent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soylent Green   Soylent Green EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:20 pm

Seems like you can move the wheels on KSL or eBay with little difficulty. If you have access to a powder coater and did them black you could probably get a better price for them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com

Soylent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soylent Green   Soylent Green EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:47 am

I don't and I've looked into cost as I thought of just painting them initially. I am leaning towards going with 16in rims right now though - else I'd just throw the steelies on it. Chances are I'll sell both OEM sets of five.
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

Soylent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soylent Green   Soylent Green EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:49 am

The steelies seem to move faster than the alloys. Just PM Skibumm and tell him how sexy some 35's would look on them and he could swap them on and off.

pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com

Soylent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soylent Green   Soylent Green EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:54 am

Having two sets is better than one. I'm no going to fret until I get back from Los Angeles at the end of the month.
Back to top Go down
gotyourgear

gotyourgear

Soylent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soylent Green   Soylent Green EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 12:21 am

Nice. Love the Green! Hope to see your rig someday. You have a few things I want to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gotyourgear.com
philhill64

philhill64

Soylent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soylent Green   Soylent Green EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:48 am

Looking good. And you answered my question about where to get the mag light mount before i even asked!

I do have one other question: is that VSC off button in the last picture a mod or do the 2010's come with it?

Last edited by philhill64 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

Soylent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soylent Green   Soylent Green EmptyTue May 04, 2010 5:16 pm

I am just not worthy to post in this section.
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

Soylent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soylent Green   Soylent Green EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:01 am

I heard hi-lift was selling mounting hardware, but couldn't find anything solid on it. Those look sweet, how about a closer shot of those?
Back to top Go down

Soylent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soylent Green   Soylent Green EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:04 pm

philhill64 wrote:
Looking good. And you answered my question about where to get the mag light mount before i even asked!

I do have one other question: is that VSC off button in the last picture a mod or do the 2010's come with it?

I wanted to find the Quick Fists locally and no one had them. I was going to buy them online and saw that Cabella's carried them so I just stopped in. They are in the ATV section East of the firearms stuff.

The VSC is factory in my 2010 but you can get the part to install easy enough, this guy got the factory switch from a 4Runner which works perfectly: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech/86371-vsc-switch-2009-4runner-works.html
Back to top Go down

Soylent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soylent Green   Soylent Green EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:17 pm

Big-Ern wrote:
I heard hi-lift was selling mounting hardware, but couldn't find anything solid on it. Those look sweet, how about a closer shot of those?

I bought mine in Orem I think they run around $90, I've only seen one third-party set I liked more but it was about the same price + shipping.

Soylent Green Hi-lift2
Soylent Green Hi-lift3
Soylent Green Hi-lift4
Soylent Green Hi-lift5

Last edited by GunSlut on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Soylent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soylent Green   Soylent Green EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:20 pm

Incidentally the Hi-Lift jack is the only thing that audibly irritates me. Even with the "silencer" it makes creaking metal-on-metal noises even on soft-road. If someone has a quieting tip for taking more noise out of the jack (that doesn't involve storing it inside the vehicle) I'd love to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

Soylent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soylent Green   Soylent Green EmptyFri May 07, 2010 2:08 pm

I bought the fortreks mounts that look real similar to the hi-lift mounts you have. And yea, they were $90 hard earned dollars. That's a 9 with a zero behind it, by the way.
Back to top Go down

Soylent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soylent Green   Soylent Green EmptyFri May 07, 2010 2:11 pm

I'm also uncomfortable with the price, what's done is done, can we change the subject please?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soylent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soylent Green   Soylent Green Empty

Back to top Go down

Soylent Green
Page 1 of 1