Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need to vent.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cnckart

cnckart

I need to vent. Empty
PostSubject: I need to vent.   I need to vent. EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:20 pm

So as i am sure some or most of you know about MT suing Demello over his kick out sliders. Supposedly they have a ™ on how the kickout attaches to the rub rail itself. Something about the angle. What a bunch of BS! It's a metal tube welded to another metal tube! There are only so many ways to do this. It's a shame as Jason has been forced to discontinue this product or face a lengthy court battle. I can understand protecting your intellectual property but this is a freaking joke! They don't even look the same! Funny thing is they sell Ironman 4x4 products which are an exact ARB rip off! I guess it's ok to sell BLATANT rip off designs on their website as long as it brings in money. I guess they didn't like that someone built a better mouse trap. That's too bad, competition drives this industry. i have always had a lot of respect for MT but this has put a real sour taste in my mouth. Rant over.

Last edited by cnckart on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahsportcycle.com
Fly Jester

Fly Jester

I need to vent. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need to vent.   I need to vent. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 12:40 pm

I saw that in the blue room, read tbrough some of it and laughed. It's a shitty part of the world when litigation comes into play over something as stupid as how a pair of sliders look. Is there really any benefit to a kickout on a slider other than as a step anyway??
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

I need to vent. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need to vent.   I need to vent. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:56 pm

It's probably less about protecting intellectual property and more about market domination. It's already a pain in the ass to get good aftermarket parts for the FJ and this isn't gonna help in that department. Your right, competition is good for everyone. Competition makes companies stronger and provides better products for the rest of us. This looks like they are trying to stifle competition. Sad that a company I've heard nothing but good things about would stoop to this level.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I need to vent. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need to vent.   I need to vent. Empty

Back to top Go down

I need to vent.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Cruisers :: The Lobby :: General Discussion-
Jump to: