Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New wheels and tires

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Moose-mann

Moose-mann

New wheels and tires Empty
PostSubject: New wheels and tires   New wheels and tires EmptyMon May 03, 2010 4:27 pm

Just had to share with someone who might understand.

I am a little excited for the weekend. Saturday me and my son went shopping for some new wheels and tires for the FJ. I ended up purchasing a whole new set at 4Wheel Parts in SLC and they will be installed next Saturday!

I went with some flat black ProComp wheels and Pro Comp Extreme MT's. I hope they look and perform as well as I think they will.

The crazy thing is, now I have a set of wheels and tires I need to sell. They are the gun metal TRD rims and ProComp ExTerrain tires. Not a bad set up themselves. The tires are 285-75-R16's and they have less that 1000 miles on them. I don't think I will have too much trouble selling them on KSL......I hope!

Anyway, just wanted to share. I get to try them out at Moab the week after the install!

Come on Saturday!!!
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

PostSubject: Pro Comp Extreme M/T   New wheels and tires EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:36 pm

I absolutely love my Pro Comps Xtreme M/T's I have put 3k miles on them in about 2 months and I could not be more happy. They have a bit of road noise but are very quiet for a M/T. I have tried them out in 4" of snow and they did great! I was able to pull out an old couple that was stuck in the snow because of the great traction of the M/T. Also I have hit large puddles going over 65 on the highway and they did not have any hydroplaning issues.

While taking the M/T's off-road I was up a steep incline with a large 2x3 foot boulder in the road, I was able to traverse the rock with ease! In fact when my rear tire went over the rock the tire ended up dislodging the rock from the ground and threw it down the hill. I've had the tires in the mud but nothing to really test its capabilities. But the tires know how to flip the mud pretty far, I was able to do doughnuts in a wet filed and I just watched the 15 foot rooster tail of mud. I still need to try sand.

After 3k of abuse and driving over parleys every day.
New wheels and tires Img0535e
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: New wheels and tires   New wheels and tires EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:01 am

KYLE!

I LOVE the Gunmetal TRD's. Bummer I haven't been at my new job longer or I'd snatch them up tonight (it's like 10:00 as I type Shocked)

I'm excited to see your new setup though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

PostSubject: Re: New wheels and tires   New wheels and tires EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:44 pm

How much for the set up you are selling?
Back to top Go down
Moose-mann

Moose-mann

PostSubject: Re: New wheels and tires   New wheels and tires EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:25 pm

Hey Greg. I just sent you a PM

Kyle
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: New wheels and tires   New wheels and tires EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:13 am

That sure is a good looking silver FJ you have there Very Happy

New wheels and tires Img05310

Oh yea, the tires look good too!
Back to top Go down
Moose-mann

Moose-mann

PostSubject: Re: New wheels and tires   New wheels and tires EmptySun May 09, 2010 9:55 am

So I get a call yesterday morning, about 2 hours before I was set to leave to go get my new wheels and tires on, telling me that the warehouse had sent the wrong wheels. So that was a big "no go" on the new install. To say the least, I was a little disappointed. You should mess around with a man's wheels and tires.

Scheduled for install on Wednesday evening now. Maybe, if the one wheel comes in from CA by then. Jeeesshh!!

Oh well.

Happy Mother's day to all the Mrs. FJ's out there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New wheels and tires   New wheels and tires Empty

Back to top Go down

New wheels and tires
Page 1 of 1