Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My dream light bar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

My dream light bar Empty
PostSubject: My dream light bar   My dream light bar EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 11:31 am

I'm a huge geek for a nice LED tactical flashlight I have a couple different surefire lights, so when I read about a LED light bar for an off road vehicle I could not help but want one.

it seems like everything LED is ether way expensive or super cheep. A good example if the Putco LED dome light for a FJ is 100.00 for one! then if you go to auto zone they have that exact type of light for 15.00.

So I don't think i'll buy this light bar right now ill wait till a better deal comes around. I don't know what light you can shoot with a couple different guns and it still maintains a good beam. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B5DLyDICtc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OcOJk-PdWY

At 1,300 bucks its a bit pricy but it has 14,500 lumes! Ok, one 60-watt GE Reveal bulb yields 630 lumens. So, 14500 divided by 630 lumens, equals 23.02 lightbulbs that size.

Anyone else seen these lights? What do you think?
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

My dream light bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: My dream light bar   My dream light bar EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Those are cool. I wonder how they compare (brightness and cost) to the vision X light bars.

And can you shoot the vision X's? lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

My dream light bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: My dream light bar   My dream light bar EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 7:14 pm

IT has been my exoerience that you can shot anything.
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

My dream light bar Empty
PostSubject: Shooting   My dream light bar EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 11:37 am

True! but I've shot a tv with my shotgun before and it stopped working. Plus did you know that if you do shoot a propane tank it will explode.

The real issue is if someone's shooting at your FJ and only hits the light bar you better get on you knee's and pray to the gods for thanks that the person shooting at you was a horrible shot. I'm pretty sure if you hit the light bar with a bullet there should be a couple in the windshield.

It was a cool light demonstration because if it can take a hit from a bullet it should take a hit from a flying rock.

The Vision X are the same price and gives you more Lumens. But wow! you better get a second job to cover the cost.
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

My dream light bar Empty
PostSubject: Found source   My dream light bar EmptyFri May 07, 2010 9:53 am

So after allot of searching with some of my contacts I was able to track down the wholesale company in Hong Kong that makes the LED light bars for Xmitter and a couple other companies that sell these Offroad LED light bars.

A 52" LED light bar goes from 1,200 to 1,500 right now in the market place. I have secured a way to order these light at a huge price reduction. Its not fair to the sellers of the LED lights for me to post how much the wholesale price. I am definitely looking into getting one, anyone else want to buy one with me. they have every Offroad LED light in the market.

I might get two 8" LED that have 2,500 lumens each for a rear offroad backup light. Or I might just use my money on the big LED light bar that has 18,000 lumens.

Send me a PM for more info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My dream light bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: My dream light bar   My dream light bar Empty

Back to top Go down

My dream light bar
Page 1 of 1