Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soldiers Pass Road

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

Soldiers Pass Road Empty
PostSubject: Soldiers Pass Road   Soldiers Pass Road EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 1:22 pm

So this last weekend I went out to the west of Utah lake off of Redwood Road to Soldiers Pass Road for some shooting and 4whleelin. I live in South Jordan so it took me about 35-40 min to get out to this area.

Open my Google Earth file to see all the trails I ran plus some pics. When opening my google earth file make sure to look at the tours, it will show the hills and terrain in a small fly by overview.

You will also see a trail I called King of the Hill king , I'm a novice driver so I went up the hill as far as I could before I started to get nervous.pale If anyone else wants to try to get to the top of the hill let me know, I made it pretty far for my first time.

If you don't have Google Earth its free and its a great tool to show others what trails your running. Remember that if anyone wants a free tutorial on how to make these file I can help. Or if you want me to make them you need an Iphone or geo-referenced camera and a GPS to mark the path you take.

Enjoy and let me know what you think. Google Earth file below.

http://www.opendrive.com/files/6311135_ENbBZ/Soldiers%20Pass%20Road.kmz
Back to top Go down
Moose-mann

Moose-mann

Soldiers Pass Road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Pass Road   Soldiers Pass Road EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:00 pm

Hey Camble,

That Google Earth is something else. Thanks for sharing. That is right in my neck of the woods, the next time you feel like exploring let me know and I will join you, always looking for an excuse to take the Cruiser out.

I went and had some fun on Saturday out at Sunshine Canyon on the way to Toole. There are actually quite a few fun trails up that canyon. A buddy of mine went with me in his full size pick-up. I tried to warn him not to go up this one hill but he did anyway and he made it part way up, turned around and went back down. Unfortunately on the way down he had a run in with a tree and the rear quarter panel of his truck lost! OUCH. I had a good time though. Surprised
Back to top Go down
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

Soldiers Pass Road Empty
PostSubject: Maps   Soldiers Pass Road EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Too Bad about your buddies truck! I would love to go out with you sometime, I will let you know the next time I hit the trail. Also if your heading out let me know I will tag along.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soldiers Pass Road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Pass Road   Soldiers Pass Road Empty

Back to top Go down

Soldiers Pass Road
Page 1 of 1