Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Run to the Hills

Go down 
+4
cnckart
LFNTMS
SnoMan
Fly Jester
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fly Jester

Fly Jester

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Run to the Hills   Run to the Hills EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:22 pm

Anybody want to make a casual run up into the mountains this weekend? The leaves are changing quick up here, plus it would be good just to get out in the mountains and trees. I was thinking of two options; Going Saturday afternoon, meeting up around 1:30 - 2:00 pm or going out on Sunday and meeting up at whatever time is most convenient for everyone.

I like the Saturday option, mainly for the photographic aspect, going later in the day the sunlight won't be as harsh as during the middle of the day for better pictures.

We could also discuss some of the trails for Moab while out and about also.

Post up if anyone wants to go, and which day sounds better?(sat/sun)

This is from last year about this same time year and it was late in the afternoon just to give you a sample.

Run to the Hills DSC03377
Back to top Go down
SnoMan

SnoMan

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run to the Hills   Run to the Hills EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:42 pm

I'm in! Saturday preferred as well. Below is a pic I took last year...

Run to the Hills Aspen_10
Back to top Go down
LFNTMS

LFNTMS

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run to the Hills   Run to the Hills EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:38 pm

I've got to find out where we are playing football saturday as its an away game, but I definitely want to go. I'll check with Chrissy and the kids, game usually ends around 1:30 so not sure with the limited day light how late you would want to get started. Otherwise Sunday would work too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/LFNTMS
cnckart

cnckart

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run to the Hills   Run to the Hills EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:41 am

I can probably make this if you guys aren't going until the afternoon. I have some work at the shop to do, but should be done by 1:00.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahsportcycle.com
Fly Jester

Fly Jester

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run to the Hills   Run to the Hills EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:08 pm

How about we meet up at 2:00 in the Smith's parking lot at Kimball Junction in Park City? This should help out some of you guys that are finishing things up earlier in the day. If you feel like you are going to be running late call/text me @ 4....3....5.....65/4 + 1398.

From there I was thinking about heading out past Francis toward Hanna via 35, there is a FS road that will take us along the West Fork of the Duchesne up into the area above Heber. From the main junction we could either hit the roads in that area, or work our way over to the Current Creek/Strawberry area and eventually to hwy 40 near Daniels Summit. I don't have an actual time-frame on how long this will take, but we should be back on pavement by dusk(maybe). This schedule is very fluid, so if you see something, or want to go somewhere that interests you speak up.

Bring some some snacks/drinks, cameras, good attitude and a full tank of gas, you won't need any spare cans as long as you fill up in either PC or Kamas.
Back to top Go down
SnoMan

SnoMan

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run to the Hills   Run to the Hills EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:13 am

Sweet....Smith's is just down the road from me. See you there!
Back to top Go down
AMPedFJ

AMPedFJ

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Totally down   Run to the Hills EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 12:38 pm

I'm in. New guy here who has been searching for these little weekend runs. Usually about all I can do. Anyone bringing their families (wife/girlfriend/whatever) along as well? cheers
Back to top Go down
SnoMan

SnoMan

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run to the Hills   Run to the Hills EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:01 pm

AMPedFJ wrote:
I'm in. New guy here who has been searching for these little weekend runs. Usually about all I can do. Anyone bringing their families (wife/girlfriend/whatever) along as well? cheers

Welcome...looking forward to meeting new FJ owners. My wife and 3 yr old son are coming along with me.

Interested to see how you set up that 12" sub....that's something I'd love to have. The 8" that came stock leaves a little to be desired. Hell, I'd love to have a plug-in that could feed my turntables through the FJ system so that I could blast a little Dubstep into the forest from time to time. affraid
Back to top Go down
AMPedFJ

AMPedFJ

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run to the Hills   Run to the Hills EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:43 pm

Quote :
Welcome...looking forward to meeting new FJ owners. My wife and 3 yr old son are coming along with me.

Interested to see how you set up that 12" sub....that's something I'd love to have. The 8" that came stock leaves a little to be desired. Hell, I'd love to have a plug-in that could feed my turntables through the FJ system so that I could blast a little Dubstep into the forest from time to time. affraid

Ok, good. Needed to figure out if I should invite my wife (and she'd kill me for just saying that).

You just became my new best friend... afro (in a totally NON-creepy way) Neutral E.g. Blasting dub throughout the forest.

It hits pretty stinking hard and holds those wub-wubs pretty well. Previous owner actually had it installed. I'm the second owner on this fattie, so most of the upgrades were done by him. But you're welcome to check it out. I like the box setup that he installed it with; fits well with the FJ.
Back to top Go down
SnoMan

SnoMan

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run to the Hills   Run to the Hills EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:00 pm

AMPedFJ wrote:
You just became my new best friend... afro (in a totally NON-creepy way) Neutral E.g. Blasting dub throughout the forest.

Hehehe cyclops I've been thinking of starting some clandestine sound sessions in remote locations.....if you can find us you can come type of parties. Just some GPS coordinates and a date....."Nomad Sessions". If your down...maybe we can make it happen.

Oh yeah, your gonna love Brad's "disco lights"....Brad, that's since moved up my list of wants. Wink
Back to top Go down
AMPedFJ

AMPedFJ

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Who's got the boom?   Run to the Hills EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:43 pm

That would be stellar!

Ok, so the wife is asking how long we should expect to be gone tomorrow. If we're leaving at 2pm, we planning on getting back before dark, or only be gone a few hours or what? I haven't been on a group wheeling trip in many moons, so I'm not up to speed on the norms. Plus I want to make sure she's happy. She's happy=Me's happy. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Fly Jester

Fly Jester

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run to the Hills   Run to the Hills EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:35 pm

AMPedFJ wrote:
That would be stellar!

Ok, so the wife is asking how long we should expect to be gone tomorrow. If we're leaving at 2pm, we planning on getting back before dark, or only be gone a few hours or what? I haven't been on a group wheeling trip in many moons, so I'm not up to speed on the norms. Plus I want to make sure she's happy. She's happy=Mue's happy. Thanks!

Welcome Amped, like mentioned we should be done by dusk, but if you have to head home early there are several roads to take that can get you home sooner.
Back to top Go down
MoabRat

MoabRat

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run to the Hills   Run to the Hills EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:24 am

We are still going to try to meet you guys. I'll keep you posted Devin.
Back to top Go down
SnoMan

SnoMan

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run to the Hills   Run to the Hills EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:47 pm

This turned out to be an epic leaf drive. Huge thumbs up to Devin for picking and amazing route Exclamation

Here's just a few of the many great pics I was able to get:

FlyJester Leading the way...
Run to the Hills Flyjes10

Stopping to take in the golden light...
Run to the Hills Fall_r10

Our resident sheep herder, Devin. At one point he had a very large Great Pyrenees herding him down the road...that dog was not scared of the FJ...
Run to the Hills Flyjes11

...I'll post some more in a bit

Back to top Go down
SnoMan

SnoMan

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run to the Hills   Run to the Hills EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:53 pm

continued....

My wife & son in a shack on top of a mountain...
Run to the Hills Cc_in_10

HOLY Freakin' WOW....Just a magical spot to stop and soak it up...
Run to the Hills Fjs_vs10

AMpedFJ found a nice place to park...
Run to the Hills Ampedf10

FlyJester leading the way out...
Run to the Hills Fall_r11

Just beautiful...
Run to the Hills Octobe10

Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run to the Hills   Run to the Hills EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Sorry I missed it. We got an offer on our house last minute and we had to deal with it. Too bad they were low-balling us. Ruined my Saturday and I didn't sell my house yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
AMPedFJ

AMPedFJ

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: It was me...   Run to the Hills EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 9:21 am

Thought it was my new guy stench that scared everyone away... Shocked It was a lot of fun, and as you can see from the pics that Richie took, very beautiful up there. I actually took a drive yesterday up Guardsman's Pass. Colors were amazing, but still were nothing compared to the Saturday drive...

I'll try posting some of my crappy cell phone pics later today, but none of them will compare to Richie's pics. Totally forgot my camera, even after Devin made it VERY CLEAR TO BRING A CAMERA... Mad
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run to the Hills   Run to the Hills EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:11 pm

Great pics, bummed I didn't make it. I was at the shop longer than expected.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahsportcycle.com
Fly Jester

Fly Jester

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run to the Hills   Run to the Hills EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:04 pm

What a great day. Perfect weather, great trails/scenery and great company. It was nice to meet you Adam and it was nice to meet your family Richie. We started off over by Hanna on hwy 35 hit the dirt roads winding our way back to Heber. I believe it was about 40 miles total on the dirt, but I didn't track it.

This is just a few of what I took....

Run to the Hills DSC04100

Run to the Hills DSC04101

Run to the Hills DSC04105

Run to the Hills DSC04107

Run to the Hills DSC04109

Run to the Hills DSC04111

I think this is where Adam got a little too excited about be out and ripped his pants....sorry Adam. Laughing

Run to the Hills DSC04124

Run to the Hills DSC04125

Run to the Hills DSC04130

Run to the Hills DSC04150

Run to the Hills DSC04153

Run to the Hills DSC04155

Run to the Hills DSC04158

Run to the Hills DSC04180

Run to the Hills DSC04177

Run to the Hills DSC04176

Run to the Hills DSC04185

Richie up on his roof rack getting one of his stellar photos...

Run to the Hills DSC04188

Run to the Hills DSC04192

All in all it was a great day, everyone had fun, thanks for coming along to those that made it.
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run to the Hills   Run to the Hills EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:15 pm

Awesome photos! Can't believe the leafs are changing already. Had to work last weekend or I would of made it. Looks like you guys had a great run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Run to the Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run to the Hills   Run to the Hills Empty

Back to top Go down

Run to the Hills
Page 1 of 1