Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers

Go down 
+2
cnckart
SlickrockFJ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SlickrockFJ

SlickrockFJ

SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  Empty
PostSubject: SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers    SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 1:59 am

SOLD!!!

Gericurl sent me an invite over to this site... when I have a few minutes, I'll get to the Intro Section and tell you guys/gals a bit more about my FJ (actually my wife's, but I'm working on it).

I have a couple of brand new "factory second" Expedition One front base bumpers with the built in winch mount. The reason these are "factory seconds" is mostly cosmetic. The 6 outer mounting holes had to be drilled bigger (they were barely off) and the light rings dont have the proper mounts (I can weld a washer on there if wanted, and then you can mount lights easily), other than those 2 items, this is structurally fine and ready to go.

They have been primered with a self-etching primer and painted with the Rustoleum textured black finish (looks like the production powder-coat Expedition One uses, just not as durable... but easily touched up).

If you want to mount a winch on this bumper, you'll need to purchase the following parts from Expedition One:
1- Fairlead Reinforcement Bracket
2- Frame Reinforcement Brackets

These bumpers are located in Bountiful, Utah 84010.

Thanks.

SOLD!!!

Last edited by SlickrockFJ on Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

PostSubject: Re: SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers    SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 5:45 pm

That's a sweet deal Any pics of these bumpers?
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahsportcycle.com
SlickrockFJ

SlickrockFJ

PostSubject: Re: SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers    SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:35 pm

cnckart wrote:
That's a sweet deal Any pics of these bumpers?

I've tried to put pics on here with no success... just read in the FAQ section that I need to host them somewhere else.

Anyhow, there's a few pics on the KSL ad. They really look like new bumpers, not much to show other than where I drilled the mounting holes larger (just used a step bit to get the holes to 5/8" which is the same size as Expedition One's current mounting plate).

There were a couple spots where my friend used a little body filler to fill in pin holes on seams just to make them look nicer, if someone is going to powdercoat these, the blaster would probably remove the filler and then they would need to put some JB Weld in the pinholes and sand it down (you can powdercoat JB Weld).

Hopefully someone local wants them. I have 2 sold if I want to ship them to San Diego, but I'd rather sell them local and not worry about shipping. Also, seeing as how they aren't perfect, I'd like potential buyers to see them in person first.
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers    SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 11:47 pm

Welcome to the forum (unofficially until you introduce yourself)

I love my Ex-1 bumper. I bought it in a similar state and added my own hoops. People poo their pants a little when I told them what I paid for it. (right around the $400 Slickrock is asking)

If you take them to get them coated make sure they are sand blasted first my buddy did the coating on mine and it's horrible. I'm planning a total strip down/sand-blast this summer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
SlickrockFJ

SlickrockFJ

PostSubject: Re: SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers    SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 11:14 am

Thanks Brett, yeah, these are a great deal. If I didn't have a Expedition One front bumper already, I'd keep one for sure.

I have a sale pending on one of them (he's supposed to come pick it up tomorrow). If I don't get a buyer for the second bumper in the next few days, I'll probably try and ship it to a buyer on a different forum.

Anyone on the fence should at least come check these out, they look great!
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

PostSubject: Re: SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers    SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 12:18 pm

Bump for you. This is a sweet deal. If I didn't already have my Demello, I'd be all over this.
Back to top Go down
08FJCRUZ

PostSubject: Re: SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers    SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 1:05 pm

That looks like a nice bumper and a great deal... If you still have it the first of the month(after payday) I would be very interested in taking a look at it.

Thanks
Tieson
Back to top Go down
http://rpmmachine.com
SlickrockFJ

SlickrockFJ

PostSubject: Re: SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers    SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 4:24 pm

One SOLD today, still have one left.
Back to top Go down
SlickrockFJ

SlickrockFJ

PostSubject: Re: SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers    SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:01 am

08FJCRUZ wrote:
That looks like a nice bumper and a great deal... If you still have it the first of the month(after payday) I would be very interested in taking a look at it.

Thanks
Tieson

PM Sent...
Back to top Go down
BamBam

BamBam

PostSubject: Re: SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers    SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:34 pm

Dude, if I had a job I'd have bought it from you already. You still have one? Maybe I can borrow some money or sell the rest of my softball gear to pick one up. Will it mount on a 2010? I know some bumpers won't fit due to some front end changes. Let me know.... soooooo tempted. Or if you get more in the future let me know. Maybe I'll be working soon (crossing fingers!).

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
SlickrockFJ

SlickrockFJ

PostSubject: Re: SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers    SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:43 pm

BamBam wrote:
Dude, if I had a job I'd have bought it from you already. You still have one? Maybe I can borrow some money or sell the rest of my softball gear to pick one up. Will it mount on a 2010? I know some bumpers won't fit due to some front end changes. Let me know.... soooooo tempted. Or if you get more in the future let me know. Maybe I'll be working soon (crossing fingers!).

Thanks!

Yes, I still have ONE left. I've had a couple local people say they want it and then never show up, so I'm close to breaking down and shipping it.

It will fit a 2010, but you'll have to figure out a solution to your windshield washer reservoir. Toyota, in all their wisdom, decided to put it behind/under your bumper on the passenger side (I was completely amazed at where they put it when I installed an Exp One bumper on my wife's 2010).

Expedition One sells a really nice canister type reservoir that installs just behind the passenger headlight and accepts all the stock bits and pieces. It comes with a mounting plate that makes it a bolt-in installation. That's what I did on my wife's 2010 FJ. I'm not sure what other solutions are out there for 2010's. The factory reservoir on a 2007-2009 may work, but their probably spendy. The 2010 reservoir is huge, I still have mine in the same storage shed as the bumper, so if you wanted to look at possible options for relocating it, be my guest.

I'll be out of town until Wednesday, April 6th... if anyone is interested in this bumper, send me a pm and I'll get back to you in the order I get them. I won't have access to the internet.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
SlickrockFJ

SlickrockFJ

PostSubject: SOLD!!!   SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 4:22 pm

Both bumpers are sold!

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
iCruise

PostSubject: Re: SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers    SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 12:14 am

And I am the lucky winner - now for the fun part - install.
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

PostSubject: Re: SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers    SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:15 pm

^^ Congrats! you got a sweet deal. We could probably get a wrench night together and help you out.
Back to top Go down
BamBam

BamBam

PostSubject: Re: SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers    SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:11 pm

Sweet deal. Thanks for offering it to board members. It's nice to see. Lots of good folks here. I hope this site continues to grow. I haven't seen one person on here yet who has bothered me. I can't say that about any other board. Smile I may bother you guys, but you are all great in my book.
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers    SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:07 pm

Install is cake. I added a bunch of big hoops and was still able to install it by myself. Now add a winch and it's a whole other story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
BamBam

BamBam

PostSubject: Re: SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers    SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:58 pm

Any chance you'll get any more of these or that you know how to get one from them? I'm now working again and ready to upgrade the front bumper first of all. I would like the ARB, but I just can't afford it. If I could get one of these blems and do some work myself that would work out perfectly.

I am not sure how you guys get a hold of these or how often they come around, but I am assuming you have a connection there and I'd love to get in the loop somehow on a deal like this! Smile
Back to top Go down
SlickrockFJ

SlickrockFJ

PostSubject: Re: SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers    SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:34 am

BamBam wrote:
Any chance you'll get any more of these or that you know how to get one from them? I'm now working again and ready to upgrade the front bumper first of all. I would like the ARB, but I just can't afford it. If I could get one of these blems and do some work myself that would work out perfectly.

I am not sure how you guys get a hold of these or how often they come around, but I am assuming you have a connection there and I'd love to get in the loop somehow on a deal like this! Smile

I would say your best chance is to call Expedition One and see if they have any blems. They are local (Ogden) and are a great company in my opinion. I am friends with the owner, James.

These particular bumpers were some that had a couple different "generations" of parts that they weren't going to be using, so I had a friend weld them up and finish them. I had planned on using one on my wife's FJ but Expedition One had a "Kodiak" FJ bumper that had some issues on one of the welds on the brushguard portion that I purchased from them before these were finished (honestly, you'd never notice the issue unless I pointed it out).

Their contact info is on their website: www.expeditionone.biz

They are sweet bumpers, good luck!
Back to top Go down
BamBam

BamBam

PostSubject: Re: SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers    SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  EmptySat May 21, 2011 4:47 am

Hey thanks for the leads Slickrock. I appreciate it very much. If you happen to talk to James (since you're already friends) just maybe mention that there is a market here on the site for his blems and maybe he should join a post a few extra pieces he has laying around. If you can get him to give you a super deal then I'll pay you a commission for it, because I am guessing he'd give a friend a lower price on a blem than just some random dude like me who contacts him. I will contact him either way.... but maybe you could earn a few extra bucks by scoring a few more of these for the local yokels. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers    SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers  Empty

Back to top Go down

SOLD!!! Expedition One Trail "Basic" Front Bumpers
Page 1 of 1