Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Providence Canyon Fall Run

Go down 
+3
FJ Jorgy
Big-Ern
gericurl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

Providence Canyon Fall Run Empty
PostSubject: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 11:08 pm

Brad and I went up last year and had a blast. I went part way up this year with moderately more difficulty. (A bunch of loose rock making it difficult).

We were talking today and want to do it again before the snow flies or at least before it accumulates.

I propose Saturday November 6th in the a.m.

I drove from my house to Ricochet today and it took exactly 1 hour and 10 min. The trailhead is about 15 min from my house, in case anyone wants to gauge the travel time to my house.

Who can make it or when should we do it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:46 am

Sounds like fun Brett, but I won't be able to make it. I gotta do some tinkering on the wife's minivan and a to do list around the house that would use about a ream of paper if I were to print it.
Back to top Go down
FJ Jorgy

FJ Jorgy

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:28 pm

Hey Brett,
Would my basically stock FJ do OK? No winch, stock tire size. If so I would probably give it a shot. I have heard Providence is pretty tough.
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 2:49 am

I'm sure we could get a stock FJ up there. I'm not sure how easily since I only attempted the first little leg and had a little difficulty myself. If it is too tough we drive 15 min south to Millville canyon and we can summit Mt. Logan from there in a Rav4 if we wanted.
Back to top Go down
philhill64

philhill64

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 12:48 pm

I might be down as long as I don't need sliders; I still haven't finished making my new ones.

How are those working out for you by the way?
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 12:36 am

The sliders have saved me a few times already. I didn't have them last time up Providence and only needed them on this one log that I might have taken a different line on and been fine. I am a little worried about the snow conditions.
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 12:22 am

Snow and or mud will be a factor. I think I'm going to sit this one out just because of the mud. I hate that shit! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahsportcycle.com
philhill64

philhill64

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 12:39 am

I enjoy the mud. It makes for a long clean up but it sure is fun.

Just let me know what you decide Brett. You got my cell, right?
Back to top Go down
FJ Jorgy

FJ Jorgy

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 11:32 am

Have you guys decided if you are going to make this run tomorrow, or do it some other time?
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 4:05 pm

I just cleared my morning with the wife. I plan on going.
Depending on what the trails look like there are 3 fun ones to choose from within 10 min of my house.

I want to try and get out fairly early (9:00 ish) so we can wrap up by early afternoon (I haven't seen my wife for 3 days and she'll be waking up from her night shift tomorrow afternoon, and I have to put the mower to my lawn one more time before the snow flies)

If anybody is wondering about coming up from down South. I drove to Ricochet from my house in exactly 1 hour and 15 min.

If anybody wants to come just give me a call, I'll try to send out some emails and calls.

(Eight-0-One) 814-Six-3-9-Four.

@Nate: I don't have your phone # just your email addy.

I figure we can meet up at my place ~8:45ish.

Here is a link to download a map to my house :Map to Brett's house
Back to top Go down
philhill64

philhill64

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 5:34 pm

I'll try to get to your house about 9
Back to top Go down
FJ Jorgy

FJ Jorgy

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 11:34 pm

I plan on going, I will shoot for 8:45 - 9:00
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 12:07 am

See you guys in the morning.
Back to top Go down
FJ Jorgy

FJ Jorgy

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 2:11 pm

Had a blast! Snow and mud were a factor but gave us some practice digging out FJ's. Made it all the way up Providence but too much snow for Logan peak. Thanks guys, can't wait for the next run, already! bounce
Back to top Go down
philhill64

philhill64

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 6:12 pm

It was a lot of fun.

Here are a couple pictures including Brett's close call with a tree.

Providence Canyon Fall Run 5152200715_55faa92b6d_b
IMG_1808 by philhill64, on Flickr
Providence Canyon Fall Run 5152203313_61dc904387_b
IMG_1814 by philhill64, on Flickr
Providence Canyon Fall Run 5152810456_4b3db8593c_b
IMG_1809 by philhill64, on Flickr
Providence Canyon Fall Run 5152204797_424b4dd76b_b
IMG_1816 by philhill64, on Flickr
Providence Canyon Fall Run 5152199247_0662871b9a_b
IMG_1817 by philhill64, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
ttora4runner

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:02 pm

Geez, that's close call with that tree.
Back to top Go down
blue goose

blue goose

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:04 pm

oooooooooooh-missed it I hope?! Great pics, I am soooo jealous right now. No that's not right. Glad y'all had a good time.
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 3:43 am

It looks like you guys had a great time! Thanks for the phone call Brett. Wish I could of made it, but I was on page 443 of my 764 page "to do" list Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:26 am

I've been meaning to post up in this thread for days now.

Jared drove clear up from Draper and Jason and his wife (Kristina right?) and son Gauge came up from Perry.

It was a blast! I found myself stuck for about 50% of the day it seemed. It was awesome to have such laid back guys there to help stack logs and branches under my tires and get me de-stucked. Every time I meet someone new on a wheeling trip I'm always happier that this group has begun to organize itself.

Jared messing around at the rock quarry
Providence Canyon Fall Run Web

Jason at the mud puddle

Jared at the mud puddles

Jason's family coming around the bend

I'm not sure exactly when I turned the deflector shields in my FJ on but I challenge any of you to get any closer to a tree without touching it. Notice how my door handle sticks out past where the tree was. We couldn't even get a finger between the bark and the door panel.

First time stuck was like half hour or so. The second time was an hour plus. After that we slipped around in the snow a lot drove over one felled pine tree and winched another one off the trail. It was an awesome awesome day.
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 3:37 am

It's amazing that tree didn't reach out and bite your truck! How did you get out of that without damage?

Great pictures BTW.

Edit: For some reason, I now have this over whelming urge to buy some Sketchers... Anyone else experience this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Providence Canyon Fall Run   Providence Canyon Fall Run Empty

Back to top Go down

Providence Canyon Fall Run
Page 1 of 1