Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gotta love Grandpa's!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

Gotta love Grandpa's! Empty
PostSubject: Gotta love Grandpa's!   Gotta love Grandpa's! EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 2:12 pm

So at the beginning of this month I got a call from my wife’s grandfather and he decided to give me his 1969 Ford Thunderbird with the cool suicide rear doors. It’s going to need a new interior and paint but it has a new 407 and transmission. I was pretty excited to get the call because its been sitting in his backyard for 15 years.

If that wasn’t cool enough I got a call from my mom yesterday and she is giving me my grandfather’s 1970 Chevrolet C/10 truck with 60k original miles. It’s all-original with a V8 350. It also will need a minor engine work and a paint job.

The only issue is now finding the money and time to put into these two projects. I will go about it slowly but I’m so pumped that I was given both vehicles.

I will take some before photos and post them if you would like to see the two new additions to my Auto family.
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love Grandpa's!   Gotta love Grandpa's! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 2:28 am

Cool! Sounds like fun! I'm having trouble picturing the suicide doors on the T-bird. Looking forward to some pics.
Back to top Go down
Moose-mann

Moose-mann

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love Grandpa's!   Gotta love Grandpa's! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:05 am

Very Nice, way to go.

My dad passed away a few years ago and I had the chance to take his 1967 Chevy Malibu that he had been restoring and he also had a 1976 FJ40 that we had worked on together. At that time I didn't have the means to work on them or a place to store them so I let my Mom sell them. I wish I hadn't have done that. Live and learn.

Enjoy the experience!
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love Grandpa's!   Gotta love Grandpa's! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:44 am

Seriously you're going to tease us like that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
GambleCamble

GambleCamble

PostSubject: Green Beast   Gotta love Grandpa's! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 11:43 am

So yesterday I went to my parents house and picked up the green beast. You gotta love the white roof! reminds me of another car that I absolutely love.

Gotta love Grandpa's! Greenbeast

I now have to get the 69 t-bird towed to my house, it runs but the interior is completely shot. I'll snap of photo of those suicide rear doors and the car when I get a chance.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love Grandpa's!   Gotta love Grandpa's! Empty

Back to top Go down

Gotta love Grandpa's!
Page 1 of 1