Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello to everyone!

Go down 
+3
cnckart
BlackIceBob
Big-Ern
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

Hello to everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Hello to everyone!   Hello to everyone! EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:47 pm

My name is Ernie and I live up in Clinton. I heard about this forum a month or so ago but couldn't find anything on it. Thanks to Skibumm for letting me in on the secret!
Back to top Go down
BlackIceBob
BlackIceBob

Hello to everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone!   Hello to everyone! EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:48 pm

It is a secret~! LOL

Good to see you here, Ern! We chatted on the phone! You should stop by sometime....with unemployment, I am home every day tinkering with the FJ!
Bob
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

Hello to everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone!   Hello to everyone! EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:54 pm

BlackIceBob wrote:
It is a secret~! LOL

Good to see you here, Ern! We chatted on the phone! You should stop by sometime....with unemployment, I am home every day tinkering with the FJ!
Bob

Thanks Bob! Sorry to hear about the employment situation. Any good leads yet? Did you ever get your Metal Tech bumper? I'm still torn between EO and ARB, but I'm gonna put the new bumper on the back burner until I update my suspension. I'm hoping to pull the trigger on an OME set up in early April in time for Cruise Moab.

Ernie
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

Hello to everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone!   Hello to everyone! EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:58 pm

Welcome Ernie! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahsportcycle.com
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

Hello to everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone!   Hello to everyone! EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:06 pm

This place is totally a secret. Just make sure to tell your friends. Very Happy

Welcome to the forum. My folks live in Clinton right near the viaduct that they tore down on 800 N.

This forum might be a bit slow for a while while the word gets out, but it's already picking up pretty fast.

I'm hoping we can treat this board like a group of friends. Please please please if you want to add anything or change anything let us know. There are no set rules or anything yet I was thinking we could just add them as/if needed.

There is loose chat about an upcoming Wrench-a-thon in the SLC. We are planning to chop body mounts and do scuba drivers and any other misc wrenching (OME lift put on? *hint hint)

I did my own OME lift with some help from my Bro-in-law, I'd be happy to help you out if you are thinking about doing it on your own.
Mt Logan off-road quoted me like $100.00 to install the OME lift (I'm not sure if that was the price if I bought the parts from them or what) I should have done that instead of on my own. I ended up spending $30 on some spring compressors from Harbor Freight that were scary beyond reason, and when they sucked to work with I finally took the shocks/springs to Les Schwab who charged me $90 to compress them. (I've heard you can get this done for $35 at most tire places).
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahcruisers.com
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

Hello to everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone!   Hello to everyone! EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:12 pm

p.s. What's your plans for, say.... July 21st-24th?

*cough, cough Summit *cough, cough
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

Hello to everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone!   Hello to everyone! EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:14 pm

Welcome Big Ern. Are you thinging of the adjustablefrom toytec or the straight OME? I am thinking of upgrading to the adjustables from Toytec.
Back to top Go down
Moose-mann

Moose-mann

Hello to everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone!   Hello to everyone! EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:06 pm

Welcome Big Ern!

Wow, it is a small world. I grew up in Clinton, just off of 2300 and my Mom is still there after 40 some odd years.

Don't know if this is the right place or time for this but just recently I put on my 3rd suspension on the FJ and what I took off was the adjustable ToyTec coil overs mounted on my stock Bilstein shocks. I still have them setting in my garage if anyone is interested in purchasing them at a good price. The shocks probably have about 40,000 miles on them, the coilovers seriously have maybe 1000 miles on them. The only action they have seen other than highway was at the Summit last year. If you want, just send me a message and I can answer any questions you have. I hope someone can use them.
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

Hello to everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone!   Hello to everyone! EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 3:48 am

gericurl76 wrote:
p.s. What's your plans for, say.... July 21st-24th?

*cough, cough Summit *cough, cough

Probably not gonna make it to the summit this year. I just started a new job in January and I won't have any vacation time for at least a year. I'm not even gonna be able to make the entire Cruise Moab event. I'm gonna miss the Thursday and Friday runs because I have to wait until Friday night to drive down.

The sad thing was that I missed last year because I just started a new job too! I should be able to make next year though.
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

Hello to everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone!   Hello to everyone! EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 3:52 am

SKIBUMM wrote:
Welcome Big Ern. Are you thinging of the adjustablefrom toytec or the straight OME? I am thinking of upgrading to the adjustables from Toytec.

Right now I'm looking at the OME heavy/medium. The price seems right and I've heard lots of good things about them. I thought of the adjustable, such as those offered by Toytec, because I'm not really looking for a lift, just heavier springs to support bumpers, winches, etc. But I guess a two inch lift isn't going to hurt anything.

Why are you thinking of upgrading?
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

Hello to everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone!   Hello to everyone! EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 3:55 am

Moose-mann wrote:
Welcome Big Ern!

Wow, it is a small world. I grew up in Clinton, just off of 2300 and my Mom is still there after 40 some odd years.

Don't know if this is the right place or time for this but just recently I put on my 3rd suspension on the FJ and what I took off was the adjustable ToyTec coil overs mounted on my stock Bilstein shocks. I still have them setting in my garage if anyone is interested in purchasing them at a good price. The shocks probably have about 40,000 miles on them, the coilovers seriously have maybe 1000 miles on them. The only action they have seen other than highway was at the Summit last year. If you want, just send me a message and I can answer any questions you have. I hope someone can use them.

Do you have front and rear or only front?
Back to top Go down
gericurl
Admin
gericurl

Hello to everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone!   Hello to everyone! EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:12 pm

I am running the heavies up front and medium rears. However I think they are the "old" heavies, which are now mediums, and "old" mediums which are now lights. I'll have to see if I can find the #'s
OME stopped recommending the the Heavy heavies after I got them. They said they could cause the shock to separate from itself affraid

I haven't heard of anybody having problems in real life, I love mine. My nose sits a tiny bit too high, but I am sans winch right now, and my bumper is a middle weight.
If you want to drive my truck to get a feel for it let me know.

Greg what OME set-up are you running?
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

Hello to everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone!   Hello to everyone! EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:14 pm

I am running an odd ball set up becasue I tow my boat a bunch I have heavies on the rear and mediums on the front. I still have a bit of a rake so I am thinking adjustables in the front to bring it more level. Oh and then I think I am going to 35s. I am also most liekly going to do the front diff drop as well but not sure what that will do to my Ricochet skid. I might need to finesse it a bit with BFH.
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

Hello to everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone!   Hello to everyone! EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:22 pm

. I am also most liekly going to do the front diff drop as well but not sure what that will do to my Ricochet skid. I might need to finesse it a bit with BFH.

No BFH required Greg, just some longer bolts is all. Smile
Back to top Go down
tallywacker7

tallywacker7

Hello to everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone!   Hello to everyone! EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:03 am

Welcome!
I would love to be part of the wrench-a-thon if it happens. I had my body mounts chopped by a local shop and they did a C+ job so a little update would be good.. $100 for an OME install is a great deal! Mt. logan charged me like $250 3 yrs ago!!! Anyone want to do the atrac/rear diff mod to make them work at the same time? (yes, I have an 07)

gericurl76 wrote:

There is loose chat about an upcoming Wrench-a-thon in the SLC. We are planning to chop body mounts and do scuba drivers and any other misc wrenching (OME lift put on? *hint hint)
Back to top Go down
SKIBUMM
Admin
SKIBUMM

Hello to everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone!   Hello to everyone! EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:22 pm

tallywacker7 wrote:
Welcome!
I would love to be part of the wrench-a-thon if it happens. I had my body mounts chopped by a local shop and they did a C+ job so a little update would be good.. $100 for an OME install is a great deal! Mt. logan charged me like $250 3 yrs ago!!! Anyone want to do the atrac/rear diff mod to make them work at the same time? (yes, I have an 07)

[/quote]

I too have an 07 but my rear diff and a-trac work at the smae time (at least I think they do)
Back to top Go down
tallywacker7

tallywacker7

Hello to everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone!   Hello to everyone! EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:01 pm

SKIBUMM wrote:
tallywacker7 wrote:
Welcome!

I too have an 07 but my rear diff and a-trac work at the smae time (at least I think they do)[/quote]

Not sure.... I would double check. Mine don't. Maybe late model 07s have it?? But to my original understanding, the first time Toyota made this possible was on the 08 off road package models.
Back to top Go down
cnckart

cnckart

Hello to everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone!   Hello to everyone! EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:32 pm

The early build 07's don't have ATRAC and locker working together. The later build 07's do. I think it is almost the same hack I did for my fun button.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello to everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone!   Hello to everyone! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello to everyone!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Cruisers :: The Lobby :: Intros-
Jump to: