Utah Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTB - Aisin Toyota hubs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Moose-mann

Moose-mann

WTB - Aisin Toyota hubs Empty
PostSubject: WTB - Aisin Toyota hubs   WTB - Aisin Toyota hubs EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 8:53 pm

Looking for ones off of a 79-85 mini truck, solid front axle.

If anyone knows where some of these might be, or any idea on where to look I would appreciate the help.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
BamBam

BamBam

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Aisin Toyota hubs   WTB - Aisin Toyota hubs EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 10:41 pm

Hey Moose, do you have a model number or anything more specific or do all of them of that era fit? I see some for Hilux's and I am not sure if they'd be an exact match or not. I'll be on the lookout. I see variations on eBay once in a while during my constant parts searches for vehicles I don't even own! Haha.

I think other companies make exact matches if you aren't set on going for the Aisins only (Warn did at one point anyway). There is a set for the pickup just about to end on eBay right now that are going for like 99 cents. One is damaged. Find a couple of deals like this, take them local to get sandblasted and you're probably going to end up better off in the long run since you know what you're doing. Good sets that are all ready to go seem to go for ridiculous prices for some reason. It isn't like they are really that rare if you think about how many Yota pickups were made. Smile
Back to top Go down
Moose-mann

Moose-mann

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Aisin Toyota hubs   WTB - Aisin Toyota hubs EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:31 pm

Thanks for the thoughts. As far as I know, if they are on Toyota mini trucks from 79-85 with a solid axle they should fit. I saw those ones on ebay today. But since, like you said, thay can't be that rare I thought I would do a little more searching.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me.
Back to top Go down
BamBam

BamBam

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Aisin Toyota hubs   WTB - Aisin Toyota hubs EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:43 am

I'll see what I can dig up. Do the Aisins that fit other vehicles work? I know that they used them on Mitsus and Isuzus. Some dude had some from a Suzuki on eBay, but I am not sure on the fitment (I know... not the best place to look... as people will say anything to sell stuff there).

You might want to try the Toyota120 site. Those guys always have all kinds of random parts laying around, regardless of model... or they know somebody who does. Wink
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Aisin Toyota hubs   WTB - Aisin Toyota hubs EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:36 am

whatcha building Moose?
Back to top Go down
Moose-mann

Moose-mann

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Aisin Toyota hubs   WTB - Aisin Toyota hubs EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:34 am

Hey Big Ern,

I have always had a love for the old FJ40's. I built one years ago and had to sell it to get our first house. So a few weeks ago I had the opportunity purchase another one and couldn't resist. So now my goal is to have it Moab ready by next spring. I am having a ball with it!

When we going to Moab again?
Back to top Go down
Big-Ern

Big-Ern

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Aisin Toyota hubs   WTB - Aisin Toyota hubs EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:48 pm

I've always wanted one of the classic FJ40s, but I've never found one at a decent price. Good luck with your build and be sure to post up lots of pics of your progress.

I'm not sure when I'll be free to make another trip to Moab. I'm trying to plan a family camping trip in mid July (yea, it's gonna be hot!), but I'm not sure if that will happen. I think if we plan something out down the road a little (August, maybe?) we could get some participation from other folks too. I'd also like to explore some trails in the San Rafel Swell area. I've never been there, but I hear there are lots of great trails there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Aisin Toyota hubs   WTB - Aisin Toyota hubs Empty

Back to top Go down

WTB - Aisin Toyota hubs
Page 1 of 1